Another (better?) stack - moth

Edit My Images
Yes
Pleased with this again - stack of 8 images.

Resting Moth by AshMashMash, on Flickr

And a crop from 100%:

5914844999_5fb72b9bd6_o.jpg

C+C welcome!

There are some areas that look badly masked around the front leg and antenna, but apart from that it's great detail. I know what a pain stacking can be trying to get it to look flawless.

The background colours don't really work for me though.

Stunning detail in these. I have tried several times to get a stack as good as these but have yet to achieve it.
Jim

looks good to me, what software do you use to stack your images?

Thanks! I used Photoshop CS5 which does a pretty good job I think. There are free programs like CombineZM and Zerene stacker which are also very good.

There are some areas that look badly masked around the front leg and antenna, but apart from that it's great detail. I know what a pain stacking can be trying to get it to look flawless.

The background colours don't really work for me though.

I agree - the front leg and his left antennae are because I didn't get a shot of those in focus - I thought I did but apparently didn't, and infact the antennae is manually copied and pasted in as the stack produced something unsatisfactory. Thanks for your comments! :)

Stunning detail in these. I have tried several times to get a stack as good as these but have yet to achieve it.
Jim

Thanks very much again Jim :)

I personally dont do Image Stacking- However: That said this is a fabulous shot or should that be Shots (y)

Les :D

Back