Another Colchester Zoo set

new2me

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes

Last edited:
Great stuff - I love the look of tricky mischief on the kudu's face, that shot has captured a bit of magic. Jaguar and baboon (with lovely lighting) are great too. As you say, it's a shame about the hyena. The left hand side of its face is so promising but without that golden light the right hand side of the image falls a bit flat.

What time did you manage to snap that baboon? I love the sun shining through the fur and would like to be bale to do something similar!

Cheers John (y)

The Baboon was just after 5pm, before the clocks went back. I was hoping to catch maybe the Giraffes and Rhinos etc but they'd already been taken inside; you might get them in nice light around 4pm instead since the clocks went back. The place is open for Shriek Week til 9.30 tonight, 29th, 31st and the 1st Nov. The Jaguar is a Leopard by the way ;)

Whoops, my bad! Must have been seeing spots or something... I won't be able to go so soon but hopefully at some point in the coming months I'll make it would over there and take your advice :)

I really like that leopard shot - and I'm very jealous as I have never seen Colchester's leopard in such an open setting myself!

One of the keepers was saying that the leopard is in season, so she was a bit more active than usual :)

beautiful shot of the leopard her face is lit up by the sun nicely :)
like them all tho

Love that hyena, absolute corker (y)
Still not made it up and got 2 entry passes going to waste:(

beautiful shot of the leopard her face is lit up by the sun nicely :)
like them all tho
Cheers Pete (y) Catching the leopard posing there made the numerous walks past worthwhile

Love that hyena, absolute corker (y)
Still not made it up and got 2 entry passes going to waste:(
Thanks Ingrid (y) The little lad does seem to like the camera.

Back