Another from Portrush

Redpaul

Suspended / Banned
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I went on the Sunday and as mentioned by Ian and Merv the weather was abysmal.

Anyway here's a few that were worth keeping.

1 Spitfire

Portrush Airshow 2010-10 by Paul S Wharton, on Flickr

2 Bucker Jungman

Portrush Airshow 2010-12 by Paul S Wharton, on Flickr

3 Antonov AN-2

Portrush Airshow 2010-23 by Paul S Wharton, on Flickr

4 Typhoon (done it's display almost a mile out to sea)

Portrush Airshow 2010-39 by Paul S Wharton, on Flickr

5 Hawk

Portrush Airshow 2010-44 by Paul S Wharton, on Flickr

6 Twister Duo

Portrush Airshow 2010-53 by Paul S Wharton, on Flickr

I think, weather wise, the organisers really need to look at bringing this show forward a month or two, perhaps even twinning it with the North West 200.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

Paul,

Nice set of images, looks like you were on the headland too? And I am it total agreement about bringing the date forward, but then again we didnt have great weather at all for any length of time his summer.

Paul,

Nice set of images, looks like you were on the headland too? And I am it total agreement about bringing the date forward, but then again we didnt have great weather at all for any length of time his summer.

Cheers Ian,
Yeah I was on Ramore Head all day. Stood next to the first set of speakers as on my two previous visits there those speakers alway packed in after about 10 minutes so i didn't have the commentator blaring in my ears :LOL:

Paul

nice shots, whats with the eurofighter doing its display so far away then ?

No idea. the display line was further out this year for some reason. The organisers said it was out of their hands and blamed Health and Safety.

Paul

I was there on the Saturday and noticed the typhoon doing its display to nobody after the main program had ended and people had left. I had gone up to Portstewart for a picnic and couldnt believe my eyes ( and ears) when I heard the roar in the distance. It obviously arrived late and was determined to do his bit. Last year it stayed well offshore. merv:LOL:

Nice shots Paul. Your maximum focal length generally seemed to be around 300mm so Ramore Head is maybe a better vantage point. I was on Dhu VArren (main Portstewart Road) and had to use focal lengths of up to 600mm at times - 300 with 2xtc. Good thing I was in a private garden with all the modcons - shelter, food, bogs etc. merv:clap:

Back