Another go at Norfolk bales

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Not really happy with this one if i'm totally honest. Think I got the composition wrong, too much empty space - didn't have much time since the sun was fading, so desperate to get out there with the 5D!

Bales by nealmondo75, on Flickr

Sorry , not working for me either

I think you're being far too hard on yourself Neil - its a good shot that just needs a bit better processing

I viewed this full screen and the detail is lovely :) Its one of those shots that really needs to be seen BIG

I copied it and had a wee play and felt it was easy enough to make it better by lightening the foreground, darkening the sky a tad and adding more contrast - oh, and I like the empty space too which I feel is pretty well balanced. I like it as is when seen big, but it could be improved by a bit more pp for me (n)

Dave

I think you're being far too hard on yourself Neil - its a good shot that just needs a bit better processing

I viewed this full screen and the detail is lovely :) Its one of those shots that really needs to be seen BIG

I copied it and had a wee play and felt it was easy enough to make it better by lightening the foreground, darkening the sky a tad and adding more contrast - oh, and I like the empty space too which I feel is pretty well balanced. I like it as is when seen big, but it could be improved by a bit more pp for me (n)

Dave

Thank you for taking the time to respond Dave.
I've taken both yours and Steve's points on onboard and will have a bit of a play later!

All the best
Neil

It's actually pretty good. You have nice leadings lines, foreground interest and GREAT sky.

Had a play - pushed the exposure as far as I could to ensure I don't blow any highlights.

Bales2 by nealmondo75, on Flickr

no, not this way... I much prefer the above. In fact I'd reduce the contrast and CLARITY even further as it has too much. The sky in particular needs to look smoother.

I like the sky in the first and the field in the second.
Overall though I like the comp.

Back