Another mixed bag of birds - now with added D300

Edit My Images
Yes
Here's another batch from me. Good or bad C&C welcome as always... (Yes I went and bought a D300! :love:)

1) Linnet

2008-04-16_Linnet_05.jpg

2) Willow Warbler

2008-04-16_Willow_Warbler_02.jpg

3) Dunnock

2008-04-16_Dunnock_03.jpg

4) Female Ruff

2008-04-16_Ruff_02.jpg

5) Whitethroat

2008-04-16_Whitethroat_01.jpg

6) Cardiff's very own tame Spotted Sandpiper

2008-04-16_Spotted_Sandpiper_01.jpg

7) And finally the ever elusive House Sparrow!

2008-04-16_House_Sparrow_01.jpg

thats an awesome set of pics well done.you have some great birds there

Wowza, brilliant set Ceege and great luck to have a spot sand on hand.
What kit are you using.?

Great set :clap:
and some interesting birds too (y)

Fantastic stuff and great variety of birds(y). I was getting a bit fed up of Robins and Swans on TP (albeit there were some technically great shots). So great to see something different. Well done:clap:

Wowza, brilliant set Ceege and great luck to have a spot sand on hand.
What kit are you using.?

Thanks Cuddy and eveyone

I'm now using a D300 (this was its first outing) and the lovely Nikkor 200-400 f4 with a 1.4 TC. All the shots here are handheld using active VR mode and a very tired left arm by the end of the day :nuts:

Hey Ceege - where in Cardiff did you take these excellent shots...? I'd love to get myself wherever it was (as long as it wasn't your garden!!)

Hey Ceege - where in Cardiff did you take these excellent shots...? I'd love to get myself wherever it was (as long as it wasn't your garden!!)

If only my garden could produce 1% of my pictures! :crying:

Most of the shots above were at Kenfig Pool, west down the M4 after the Pyle turn off (J37). The Spotted Sandpiper was at Lisvane reservoir and the Sparrow down at Lamby Lake.

If you have a 300mm plus lens and ideally a x1.5 sensor then a walk anywhere down the Taff trail (Llandaff fields, Forest Farm, Bute and also Roath Lake park) and a bit of patience can end up with some nice things. Use the old ears and eyes and a bit of hush hush and you never know what'll turn up. Good luck!

Great set in quality & variety . Looks like you are going to have some fun with your new investment (y)

Back