Another Newbie with a new camera

Name
Sarah-Jo
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, just found this forum when an archived thread came up from a google search I did, so thought I'd join and say hi.

I've only ever had a point and shoot, but have always fancied a DSLR, now I own one I am completely out of my depth. My head has been reeling with aperture, ISO, depth of field....I've taken lots of photos but can honestly say they are mostly rubbish.

Hoping to move forward and determined to get to grips with it so I've ordered a beginners guide, seemed to be frequently recommended in those archived threads, looking forward to it arriving and being able to understand it all :)

Hi and welcome :)

Plenty of help and advice available on here. Have a look in the photos section in areas you like and ask questions.

ive just got a D5100. lovely camera. Also im new on here.

Last edited:
ive just got a D5100. lovely camera. Also im new on here.

:) hi. Are you new to dSLRs too?? I'm like a fish out of water, don't have a clue with all the settings. I'm liking what everyone else can achieve, looking thru the photo section they look great, feel way too inexperienced to dive in and ask a question tho, don't have a clue me!! Just hope one day it all makes some sense and I too can be proud to show my works of art lol

Hi there, ive been taking pics for a while but still learning. if you type in photo gavin on you tube you will find a guy who has loads of videos that i found really helpful. he talks you through the settings etc.

Back