Another one of my missus

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
No
Continuation of THIS thread. Following the sugesstions I've been working on colourful version of the same photo. C&C welcome (y)

Colour version

Click to see bigger version

Thank you for looking (y)

:)the coulors look great to me, the eyes are stunning... the only thing id say, is it does look (to me) just slightly over sharpened

Thank you. I am pretty sure this is because of forum scaling, it does look better in bigger version (y)

EDIT or in fact it could be flickr scaling

Last edited:
I agree with the oversharpening, I am not keen on the crop either, I think you've cropped too much out

I agree with the oversharpening, I am not keen on the crop either, I think you've cropped too much out

It's really weird. It doesn't look that bad in PS or Windows Viewer on my computer, but the minute I uploaded it on Flickr it seems too sharp. It looks OK in bigger version on Flickr though, or maybe not? Are you commenting on the photo as seen on TP or bigger version on Flickr?

About crop - I had no choice really, but crop that much as her hair was a mess :) This was just a quick snapshot taken in my bedroom. I started to work on this photo (1st on B&W version) as a PS practice and to kill some time :) Never thought I will be posting it TBH :LOL: She quite like it though and said she want to have it printed for her mum. That's one of the reason I posted it, as I am curious what other people thinks about it and also what I should change to make it better (y)

Thank you all for you honest thoughts (y)

If you had your edit button ticked I am sure a few guys would do a edit or two to show you what they would do..

for me also it looks to sharp and there seems to be some editing creeping onto her cheek.

personally i find it easier to show somone what i would do than try and explain it
md(y)

Feel free to edit this photo, I would like to see what can you do with it (y)

I think I know what mistake I did in PP and why it looks like that when scaled down. I am just uploading a new portrait, hopefuly a bit better one this time :)

Thank you, MD! (y)

EDIT:
HERE is a new photo

Last edited:
Hope this is ok for you mate this is my take on this shot.

rebel_copy.jpg

Just a slight crop and conversion :shrug:

md(y)

Thank you MD. I really like it and my missus too. Looks a lot more natural and the oversharpening is gone. It just shows that I have still lots to learn. Thanks mate (y)(y)(y)

Also, I am now pretty sure I know which part of PP made that oversharpening 'effect' (one of the filters I used). I will never use it for portraits again :bonk:

Back