Another photo of Ian

• Thread starter Deleted member 21335
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21335

Another photo of my friend Ian whilst killing time waiting for the train. Also one of the first shots I have taken with the 16-35 II, which, appears very sharp wide open in the centre. Although it was just a quick 'snap', I quite liked how it turned out. Could I have done anything better/different? Does the large white are of sky top left detract? How about with the mono conversion/processing? Thanks for looking.

Ian Taylor by GazMortonPhoto, on Flickr

Good work Gareth, rather compelling! As for your questions; nope I don't find the sky area overly distracting, I think because the face/eyes are so sharp with a thin DoF my eyes are drawn to the right area. I do find the dark area/vignette bottom right a bit heavy but each to their own.

Great mono conversion and processing, you've done a good job. May I ask what techniques you used? Channel mixer?

Regards,

Jeff.

Good work Gareth, rather compelling! As for your questions; nope I don't find the sky area overly distracting, I think because the face/eyes are so sharp with a thin DoF my eyes are drawn to the right area. I do find the dark area/vignette bottom right a bit heavy but each to their own.

Great mono conversion and processing, you've done a good job. May I ask what techniques you used? Channel mixer?

Regards,

Jeff.

Thanks Jeff. I have a LR preset saved that I have kind of created. It has quite a warm white balance to begin with, then the saturation slider to -100. Then the RG and B channels have been adjusted.

I really like this shot a lot. Nice work.

Thank you. :)

Superb shot an almost characature feel to it, very nice indeed and love the processing.

I always think a close up, shot with a wide angle creates a fun portrait, and matched with his expression, it works very well.

I wouldn't say the blown sky is distracting, but I find the vignette in the bottom right more so. I still love the shot and from what I've seen from your past few threads, have no idea why you fell out of love with photography.

I always think a close up, shot with a wide angle creates a fun portrait, and matched with his expression, it works very well.

I wouldn't say the blown sky is distracting, but I find the vignette in the bottom right more so. I still love the shot and from what I've seen from your past few threads, have no idea why you fell out of love with photography.

Thanks for the comment. :)

FOr info (not meaning to sound down on myself) but still out of love with it but trying to get it back daily. Off out with the camera again today!

i think this is superb.

up-close portraits taken with a fast wide angle when do well can really pop out at you. this does just that. great shot. blown sky doesn't distract me either.

i think this is superb.

up-close portraits taken with a fast wide angle when do well can really pop out at you. this does just that. great shot. blown sky doesn't distract me either.

Thanks Cuthbert. :)

haha thats a belter

Back