Another Place at Crosby Beach

Edit My Images
Yes
went to see the Another Place figures at Crosby beach yesterday. The look very strange with 100 figures along the coast which are slowly revealed as the tide went out. Lots of people there to get in the way too!

279189103_1744ca027a_o.jpg

279189064_3f485d99b0_o.jpg

279194904_0296180fde_o.jpg

Is that a dinkle I spot there in #3? :LOL: (sorry - got a reputation to live up to!!)

#2 works best for me. What is the purpose of the figures? :thinking:

I agree 2 is really good, I like the texture on the face.

Its Art Mini and its about to be scrapped because the council feel those figures furthest out will cause people to go too far and get trapped by the tide so they want to scrap the lot. How daft! Why not just move the furthest out back inland a bit!

Lovely shots - I like number 1 - very enigmatic!

I think the 2nd is the best, but its a shame that the sun is too high. As Dark Star said, the reason why its popular is because they could be removed soon. They got a small stay of execution yesterday. In fact I got an email from an MP about this very situation today. They're basicallly trying to get the local art community to step up and say that it should stay. There's no reason for it to go as no-one goes there. With them there over 600,000 people have visited them. It makes no sense to move them.

Is that a dinkle I spot there in #3? :LOL: (sorry - got a reputation to live up to!!)

:LOL: (y)

Dark Star said:
Its Art Mini and its about to be scrapped because the council feel those figures furthest out will cause people to go too far and get trapped by the tide so they want to scrap the lot. How daft! Why not just move the furthest out back inland a bit!

Im sure I heard on Granada News (Local TV evening news for the North West for anyone who doesn't know :) ) That it looks like the council might lose their fight to scrap them? It was only in passing though.

It would be a shame really because they are certainly unique, different, and they look quite neat :) It's art I actually like (which is rare..lol)

Aaah I thought so. That sound about right. And rightly so! They should stay :)

2 is nice, but I like 3 the best. 2 is the most obvious angle to shoot at I think, and I've taken many shots of those statues from that angle but I really like number 3.

I saw them on TV (was it Coast?) and thought "how fantastic!" and now they want to scrap them. Time to scrap a few Beureaucrats I think!

I like the first one best but unsure why, probably because the silhouette is so sharp :shrug:

Dont know how I missed these!

I think both no1 & 2 are fantastic!

No1 is probably my fave for the way the dark figure stands out from the glimmer on the sea ...it almost looks b&w with a vibrant, colour, almost 3D sky.
Lovely! (y)

Back