"Another Place" - Crosby Beach

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot on Monday night as it was my first outing with the 5D MKIII from a landscape perspective, it did rain earlier in Liverpool, but the rain stopped and brought some moody skies with it!

Cheers for Looking,

Andy

7406064502_de368da1f3_c.jpg

Large Version:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5350/7406064502_de368da1f3_b.jpg

Gorgeous skies and reflection, think I would prefer it without the figure in though!

Hi Nick, apologies in advance if you already know about the statues on Crosby beach. If not, they're part of an art display by Anthony Gormley and is called "Another place". Consisting of tonnes of iron statues firmly rooted into the ground.

Many of them are totally covered during high tide with many of them position so that just their heads or head and shoulders showing.

They're very popular with 'togs although I haven't been over there yet to shoot them. Something I must do.

@ Andy. I agree the skies and reflection are stunning. Beautifully done and the statue used very nicely. I also agree it would have been nice to see a version without but of course they're a big part of the heritage now and they add a very cool aspect to a beach sunset.

Horizon is a bit off though. Perhaps a little transform correction in photoshop if you use it?

Hi Ian,
Cheers for that, as for the horizon, I did take a good look at it and used the straighten tool, perhaps it is the sandbanks in the distance that makes it look wonky, i can double check though!

Cheers,

andy

The statue add something to this really nice sunset, I like it without any objection.

thanks for the feedback guys.

andy

Love it, great pic. I thought horizon was wonky as well but I think it is sand banks causing optical illusion.

Thanks for the comments,

andy

Hi!
the horizon is straight, it is the sandbanks that seem to be causing an optical illusion of not :) I checked in PS with the line tools

andy

Good work Andy,

The sky, the reflections, the exposure - just right!

That's the best photograph of Another Place that I have seen.

Chris

Yup, upon a much closer inspection, I can see the horizon is straight :)

Back