Another shot of Amy.

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
Just another I liked from my shoot with Amy.

She is trying to get a portfolio together so any advice on the image is welcome..

Amy
7_web.jpg

Regards MD(y)

not really in a position to give advice on such photography as not really my area......... however a few thoughts and observations...

on the whole very pleasing. Nothing to fault much really (from my point of view)

I assume some kind of white / clear perspex on the floor to create the shadows?

Couple of minor niggles (things I noticed that do not detract from the pic as such, just my opinions.)

1) Bra showing through the top is a bit distracting, maybe a slightly more opaque top?

2) That tiny tiny pinprick of white light under her right knee (back of) from how she is posing... I am guessing because so central and so white against the black around it, i find it draws the eye....

However I am probably talking b****x as way better than I could do....

not really in a position to give advice on such photography as not really my area......... however a few thoughts and observations...

on the whole very pleasing. Nothing to fault much really (from my point of view)

I assume some kind of white / clear perspex on the floor to create the shadows?

Couple of minor niggles (things I noticed that do not detract from the pic as such, just my opinions.)

1) Bra showing through the top is a bit distracting, maybe a slightly more opaque top?

2) That tiny tiny pinprick of white light under her right knee (back of) from how she is posing... I am guessing because so central and so white against the black around it, i find it draws the eye....

However I am probably talking b****x as way better than I could do....

:LOL: Your more than capable to give good honest feedback matey..;)

Flooring is two sheets of tileboard. ;)

Bra yes I thought that myself but being old I thought it might be the fashion so said nothing..!!!

Little spot of white ...;) Again I have others with beter seperation but the facial expressions are not as good. I may do a quick clone jobbie..

Regards Dave

" ps sorry for calling you Mike in london.." ;)

Hi Dave,

Nice photo, nice lighting (though could do with a bit more of a punch to it IMO), nice pose.

BUT, from a woman's perspective - the bra doesn't say 'professional portfolio' it says 'look at me boys, I'm a bit sl**y'. Sorry! It's not a reflection on you or Amy, but in the photo's it's not a good look - particularly with a white bra (if she'd gone for black then it may not have been so obvious).

As for you being old and thinking it might be fashion... hahahahaha... it was the fashion 10 years ago when I was 18, not so sure if it's the era for the 2001 fashion to be coming back in yet! ;)

I like the pose and I think the reflections work well in the shot.

I'm viewing this at work on an uncalibrated monitor but the skin tones under the eyes look a little red compared to the rest of her cheeks, which in my opinion makes her look a little tired.

Otherwise, I like it. (y)

Agree she looks tired , or as if she has bags under her eyes a bit

Not sure i think the pose is very flattering

The lighting and or PP needs some more punch for a portfolio sort of shot i think ?

Sorry sounds like I am trashing it now, but it just doesnt have the feel of a shot from a models book :(

As mentioned the Black Bra and the tiny spot of light central, draws the eye, maybe if the right knee was drawn in to her bottom more would loose that pin prick of light.

The lighting and reflection I actually like (y)

Les :D

I am definitely not pro enough to comment really but I will say that i found the marks on the floor a little distracting. They are just below her butt. Can they be edited out? As well as the marks below her bum there is also a kinda streak going off to the right from her bum to below her feet. Again if you can PP it out it would be good.

Thanks for all the feedback guys I will put it all into practice on our next shoot..

Kind regards MD(y)

Nice shot.

The look of shock when I saw this. I know this girl well kind of she sent me a private message on facebook last week. Haha

Hey, I think she will do very well, agree with everyone else about the shadows under her eyes and with Aimee about the white bra - definetely advise on another. For me I think tights are an in between clothing item so when wearing tights then shoes also and if going bare feet then tights off, but thats only my personal opinion. Also her eyes look like shes not into it, getting a bit of vavavooom out of her could really boost the shot.

As always your lighting is very good as always, look forward to seeing more of your work with her :)

Back