Critique Another sunset

You do not have much of a subject IMO. You have nice light but have a large very bright section where the sun is expect which is what the eye is drawn to.

I have some other exposures to work with, so hopefully I can improve on that. Thanks.

Great light and beautiful sky but as mentioned there is no real point of focus. Perhaps if you cropped about 3 quarters of the grass/winter crop off it would make more of the sky and the more dominant feature.

Yeah I hear Alf and your point Carol. The composition is as was in camera, as I had intended the sunset itself to be the subject and the tracks of the tractor to lead the eye through the photograph up to it. I'll see what I can come up with once I edit the set. I'll give your crop a shot aswell, thanks.

The idea is fine but the problem is the tracks lead you away from the break in the cloud so you eye is drawn either way but one does not lead to the other in my view, but we do often see things differently. Sometimes moving around and trying different angles can give you options with the idea you are trying to execute. Especially where clouds are involved as a few degrees either side can sometimes changes the outcome alot.

You needed to move forward so the lines leading forward were right in front of you so they were more obvious then point straight forward and avoid th every bright patch.
Do you have an ND grad fliter as they really help with sunset or landscapes in general actually.

:agree: Yeah, I did want to get closer and have the track as the immediate foreground at a slight angle, but I was hard up against the fence. Didn't wanna bug the farmer. I did bring the contrast up a bit to make them stand out more, but was already getting too noisy at that level.

I was "decided" on getting some filters, but I am now looking at tokina 11-16 :wideyed:. If only money wasn't an issue, oh well.

Cheers.

I like them both, I think you have captured the colours much better. I like how the clouds in the 2nd one draws you into the photo.

Back