Another which Nikon lens :/

swamptart

Suspended / Banned
Name
paul
Edit My Images
No
Really sorry if this is yet another boring " I really don't know what I'm doing" thread, I'm in turmoil betwix two lenses Nikon 24-70 and the 14-24, I love wide angles and use them often, quite often when I should not
tbh, but taking some pics at my brothers daughters bday party I felt I could really have used the mid zoom.

I love just walking around London, graveyards, etc with one lens taking pics maybe no one will ever see but! I seem to be taking pics of people all of a sudden and hate it but the shots seem to be doing well and work.
I seem to use my Nikon 17-35 most of the time or the sigma 85mm :banghead::banghead::banghead: I can only buy one and 2nd hand, don't really use filters and will be used on a D3.

My heart says 14-24 head says 24-70, opinions please :)

p

Sorry I can't help. I had the same dilemma so bought both. one cash one finance. They both do different jobs so it'll come down to which job do you shoot the most

I can't even give a indication of how good both of them are as I bought a D810 at the same time.

But they are all amazing

Last edited:
two very different lens, if you fnd yourself needing both, you may have to buy both. but since you have the 17-35mm which is a banger of a lens already. I would suggest the 24-70mm to cover the portraitish range.

I think that would be the sensible thing to do, I don't make any money outa photography so it's not like it's paying for it's self :/
and I do have a sigma 15-30 I could "put up with " lol so any thing I should look out for while buying a 24-70?

you wont go wrong with the 24-70mm steller lens for portraits you wont beat it for IQ with any 3rd party lens

Back