Ants

Edit My Images
Yes
ants.jpg

Nice shot. The flower is so nice and crisp, great use of dof. The ants are an unexpected surprise, but being out of the range of dof, seem like an afterthought, a nice one though.
Sean, thanks for sharing that link, I don't think I've seen the lensbaby used so well. Usually it just makes me dizzy, but those were very well done. Perhaps I'll hold on to my LB a bit longer and give it another go.

very good shot that, clear and sharp

Very well executed Marianne

I've become pals with a fella that shoots flowers with a lensbaby. http://www.pbase.com/kras/kras_lensbaby i was wondering what you would think of these as somebody that obviously has a passion for shooting flowers

I have left a message in his guestbook, I have spent ages looking at every one of his photos in that album, absolutely stunning...you know what is going to happen now don't you Sean?

I WANT ONE!! :bang:

flipping 'eck warehouse express took my money no probs!!!

the background wasn't tweaked at all Ian, my assistant held the reflector in the best position to light the flowers which caused the background to darken...

I've got to wait til tuesday now for my new toy/s! ;)

thanks Ian, because the background was black I simply added a black layer and used a layer mask to get rid of the white petal in the corner. The edges of the flower then had slightly fuzzy edges so I carfully drew a selection around the flower and feathered the selection for 5 px,hit ctrl+j to put the selection on a new layer and voila! The edges of the flower became crisp. I don't know how or why this works but it did lol

Ace, and I much prefer this one to your first shot of these flowers.
The ants are good fun :D

I look forward to shots from you playing with a lensbaby!
(You only just got the 105 VR :eek:)

Ace, and I much prefer this one to your first shot of these flowers.
The ants are good fun :D

I look forward to shots from you playing with a lensbaby!
(You only just got the 105 VR :eek:)

I know...I know....but a girl's just gotta have fu-un...and it'll keep me out of Barry's hair aswell, I'll be happy using the baby on the D70, I've also ordered the macro lenses that fit on the front of the baby, I am sooooo excited!!

I won't know what is happening when I get back from USA - flooded with pikkies with your new toys.

Beautiful tones in this one Marianne. Its hard to get white flowers looking good...but you've certainly nailed it with this one.

I'm with HIMUPNORTH, I like the exposure and composition of the flowers but the ants aren't really significant enough to leave in, IMO :)

Very well executed Marianne

I've become pals with a fella that shoots flowers with a lensbaby. http://www.pbase.com/kras/kras_lensbaby i was wondering what you would think of these as somebody that obviously has a passion for shooting flowers

you were soooo not wrong Sean...thanks for pointing me in this direction, I feel as if I've come home with this darling little lens :clap:

Back