Any deals on LR now?

Very mixed reviews of what looks like a bay like selling site.

But in all things 'cheaper' ~ caveat emptor ;)

An unknown seller with no contact details on an obscure shopping site selling a download code or a copy on CD-ROM. What could possibly go wrong? :)

The download version of LR6 is £104 on Amazon, and will at least be legitimate.

Hence why i asked if it was legitimate. My suspicions were raised already!
I might look at buying LR5 as it seems to do everything i need. Finding a copy of 5 is a little more difficult understandably.

Last edited:
Finding a copy of 5 is a little more difficult understandably.
Think I've got one. I upgraded to 6 and I think it came as a full install rather than an upgrade. If so I could let 5 go.
No idea what it's worth or how to unregister it.
Totally legit!!!

You would have to consult the forum experts. Im sure they will be along soon!

you called Nick lol JK.
ive done the unregistering bit, its a bit of a faff but quite doable,I cant from memory recall the details but it involves both parties swopping emails and stuff and then forwarding to adobe, its on the website regarding the rules etc

Well I'm in the middle of a 45 minute "Live" Chat. I think I'm talking to the sub continent.
I'd punch him if he was any nearer!

He wants the e-mail of nick16 before he will do anything.
As LR5.0 is no longer supported is there any need to register?

Well, 75 minutes later. Seems that the great digital behemoth want two pieces of papaer with signatures on before they will transfer the licence.
They are just being obstructive.
Anyway I have a case reference, and the form, so if nick is still interested we can move on. But, as I said before, I wonder if he can install it without registering? Might be worth a try to save the hassle.

Well it's not hooky!!!
But Adobe are not being helpful. Of course not. They don't want you to get hold of my old stuff. They want you to give them money for new stuff.
I've got the forms, and a case number. They want two signatures. Think there could be a bit of creativity in that respect!!!
Is it too much hassle for you?
Do you want to try and install without registering?
Is the moon made of green cheese?

Im happy to proceed - have we come to a deal? - im sure if it works, and you have no use for the product, i can send you some virtual beers.

shall we take it to PM?

Well I've moved to LR 6.0 so this is surplus.
I'm now intrigued by it all. Adobe have rattled my cage.
I'll send it to you. You try and install it without registering. If it needs registering I'll go all through the procedure at this end - I'll need some personal info to fill out the forms.
If that works then we'll be talking hard earned. And as you'll have the disc I'll be looking for double your initial offer:eek:

Don't want to get to formal about all this. If you are happy to "Suck it and see" then drop me a PM.

Do you want to get embroiled with the pre Xmas post or wait till next week?

Yeah il give it a try and see what happens.
Is it just likely to give me an error code if it wont work? - i expect it wont register if you have already done so (data protection and all that) so i would imagine we will be going through the full process.

Entirely up to you with the postage. im happy to give it a try over the xmas - new year period as i have time off from work.
If you want to wait, then im am happy to do that too.

If it will just cause you carnage then perhaps its better to keep hold of it and save the head banging with Adobe!

Here is the page that governs the transfer. Have a read and see what you think.
It seems effing stoopid to require signatures for one of the biggest digital companies in the universe. They also say it will take 3-4 weeks to arrange the transfer. Don't know what effect that will have.
Do you have an Adobe account already, because they want the e-mail that you have registered with.
Think he might have done it for me during our chat, but I didn't have it to hand.
I can't rememebr the exact install process. I know registration is a must to receive updates etc., but all that has ended for LR5.0.
Read the link and get back to me. I want this to work because I now want to get one over on Adobe.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

I will have a check if i have an Adobe account - I signed up for a free trial of LR and then never used it in the 30 days i had. (great, i know)

therefore i assume i have an account. i will double check!

ive done it twice and it took about 48 hours, not sure where they got 3 weeks from, he could always sign in on your account then it should work fine

Well i am able to log into Adobe CC using an email and password so i guess that must be sufficient!

OK. Let' have a bash.
Post is going to be mad this week.
I'll post it to you on Weds next week.
We can exchange addresses and email details by PM.

Ok no probs. Drop me a PM after xmas and we will see what happens!

Also we need to discus monies before anything is sent.

Last edited:
can't you just deactivate it put on another computer and reactivate it? Also all that needs to be handed over is the serial number and download a trial version from Adobe

Last edited:
can't you just deactivate it put on another computer and reactivate it?
Tried that. The facility to amend my product listing has disappeared. I've got it and it is mine forever, as Adobe repeatedly told me yesterday. I'm still registered with Elements 3 that I dispensed with years ago!
I suspect they removed that ability as part of their war on products changing hands, so as to increase their revenue stream when folk get fed up with the hoops that have to be jumped through.

I can quite understand as top why they do it though. If it prooves to be a nightmare il just buy LR6 and be done with it. Knowing there will never be a LR7 i might as well have the newest software i can.

There was an update to LR 6 yesterday. That's the last one ever.
CC will now be the only way to get regular updates but these all seem to be marginal improvements.
The only real change I noticed when moving from 5 to 6 was the ability to immediately recognise the latest files from my Fuji body. When on 5 I'd been using the DNG convertor which didn't add a great deal to my work flow and I'd be happy to go back to that if need be.

In some ways moving from 5 to 6 wasn't really needed at my level of usage. I'd need to be really well convinced to ditch standalone and go to subscription.

I am in the same boat as you really. Dehaze is nice to have, but im guessing it can be obtained on 5 through a plug-in by now?

I am in the same boat as you really. Dehaze is nice to have, but im guessing it can be obtained on 5 through a plug-in by now?
No. Not as far as I'm aware. It's not on 6 either but there is a plug in available. TBH I thought it would be great to have but hardly use it.

Developments @nick16
Just had an e-mail from Adobe - that caring sharing company - telling me that if the documentation is not all submitted to them by this time on Friday then the case will be closed and we'll have to start all over again. They are s***s are they not?

I contacted d them on the chat function and said I can upgrade from 5.7 to 6 for $74.99 or approx £64.
I was unable to find details on their site, but she sent my a link.

I didn't go through the process, but it seemed relatively easy.

PM me what you want for it and il see if im happy to pay it - then we can go from there and get the ball rolling so your efforts so far arent wasted.

Well it's going to cost me a fiver to post so I don't think I'll let it go for less than £40 all in.
Fully understand if you don't want to pay that. It was an interesting experience dealing with the Adobe behemoth yesterday!!!

Meet me in the middle? £35 all in?
If you arent using the software, its a nice bit of money to have! (Will pay for the turkey! ;) )

Go on then. Man Utd. have just lost so I'm in a good mood.
P.S. We're on venison not turkey!!!

Well i am a Chelsea fan, so that was a fantastic 15 minutes for me between those two games.

I need to complete the online form and scan it over to Adobe, i believe you have to do the same too.

According to the form i will need -

Product name and Version number
Platform
Product Serial Number
Case Number and/or Customer number.

Pm me with the info.

Last edited:
Back