Any info about www.onestop-digital.com

Onestop are a decent place to deal with, I have had several bits from them with no problems at all

been around for years and they refund the vat if it gets stopped

They don't seem much cheaper than anywhere here though :shrug:

Well I'm looking to buy a Nikon D300 and a 16-85mm or a 17-55 2.8 lens. the D300 is £1,029.99 on here and on jessops its £1,099 and other places are more expensive.
If you know any other reliable places please let me know.

Thanks

Yes not that cheap anymore due to the value of the £, but at one time their prices were excellent, as for their service also excellent, very quick delivery considering their in Hong Kong (y)

Can't fault them at all. Ordered lenses from them and had them delivered very quickly and no problems with VAT. Had cracking copies of lenses from them as well! Big thumbs up for them from me! (y)

Well I'm looking to buy a Nikon D300 and a 16-85mm or a 17-55 2.8 lens. the D300 is £1,029.99 on here and on jessops its £1,099 and other places are more expensive.
If you know any other reliable places please let me know.

Thanks

Yes, hit by the £, for £70, for your example above, I'd probably buy from Jessops at the moment - extra piece of mind and full UK warrenty (not sure re warrenty from onestop)

You might be able to get a few extras thrown in :LOL:

Things to be wary about:

Warranties - some products have international warranties and some have regional warranties.

Import Duty / VAT - items could be liable for these. They claim to refund anyone stuck for VAT.

Some people like Sigma UK will only honour grey import warranties if provided with a vat and duty receipt and I'm not sure how they'll react if faced for a warranty claim with a vat receipt for a stupidly (and fraudulently) low amount.

However, Onestop have a good reputation, but as said previously, exchange rates have hit them hard.
You could also try Kerso who has an equally good rep.

Last edited:
I'd never used them until this week - ordered 2 x SB-600's from them after also asking about them in the forum. Had an email back saying only one in stock and would I like it or a full refund - another email 20 mins later saying they had sourced more and would have them on Wednesday when they would also be shipped by Fedex two day delivery if I would like, or still the option of a refund. Can't fault them up to this point. Excellent communication and seem very honest.

I've bought a few things from OSD in the past and have not had a problem. Got hit with customs charges for a lens once, and they refunded, no problems.

Same as others used them a few times a while back (when the exchange rate was better!) and they were great with comms and always delivered on time without any customs in my case

Regards warranties, I sourced a Sigma lens from them a couple of years back which needed calibration immediately (as some Sigmas do).

Their site explicitly stated that the lens came with an international warranty yet Sigma wouldn't touch it without proof of UK purchase or payment of import duty and VAT. Queried this with one-stop and they offered to let me send it back to them for calibration by Sigma there (were the warranty was valid) and they'd return it and refund my postage charges. As Sigma UK only wanted about £35 to calibrate it here I elected to go this route as it was less hassle. As it turned out, Sigma just did the work and returned it with no charge anyway! :)

Take this how you will. You could argue that they shouldn't have advertised it as having an international warranty when it didn't but then they did offer to pay for all the costs of returning it to HK.

Basically, as I understand it, Canon L lenses have international warranties but just about everything else is national only. You may be able to get around this if you need to but, unless the savings from buying from them are significant, which they don't seem to be at present, I'd play safe and buy here.

Back