Any recommendations for a Canon FD to Fuji X mount Adaptor

TheBigYin

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Ideally something relatively cheap as it's really only for playing around rather than anything more serious, and preferably UK seller - they all seem to be pretty much of a muchness - i.e. no lenses/diaphragms needed and as the register distance on a fuji is 17.7mm where the FD 42mm all it really needs to be is an appropriate length spacer with the correct mounts on either end.

Oh - and if they're really cheap same applys to a Contax/Yashica bayonet mount adaptor too...

I'd prefer first hand experiences if possible, rather than just something googled up - though if someone finds a real bargain I might still have a punt...

How about a body cap, a rear lens cap and some glue? Should be OK for lighter lenses.

I usually recommend SRB Griturn as suppliers for adaptors since they either build their own or fettle ones sourced elsewhere so they work properly but with a plain tube, as long as both male and female parts are reasonably accurately machined, it should do the job (but be aware that Chinese air can have a weird RI... ;)).

I can vouch for the air after a Chinese being a little strange, think it's the monosodium glutamate that does it to me ;)

I used this one for the last year or so including using a heavy 300mm f4 lens. Found it fine and locked tight on lens although slight movement on body which never affected the use. UK seller and delivered in a couple of days.

Unless your buying Novoflex, Metabones etc......... as you say their all much of a likeness. If buying from SRB check they have actual stock, I bought a M42 one from them and they informed me four days after order placement that they were waiting for stock and it would take three weeks to come in. Had a refund which took eight days to get back to my account.

Linky > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-FD-...ns_caps_hoods_adaptors_ET&hash=item4189f3236c

Ideally something relatively cheap as it's really only for playing around rather than anything more serious, and preferably UK seller - they all seem to be pretty much of a muchness - i.e. no lenses/diaphragms needed and as the register distance on a fuji is 17.7mm where the FD 42mm all it really needs to be is an appropriate length spacer with the correct mounts on either end.

Oh - and if they're really cheap same applys to a Contax/Yashica bayonet mount adaptor too...

I'd prefer first hand experiences if possible, rather than just something googled up - though if someone finds a real bargain I might still have a punt...

Well - I took your advice Simon, ordered it Saturday morning and it dropped through the letterbox this morning. I've tried it on the camera, and it works great with all the FD and FDn stuff i've got (the old FD 135 f3.5 SC II is particularly lovely, if a little strange length on a crop sensor) - might have to go for a stroll with the 28mm f2.8 later this afternoon :)

Back