Any treasure hunters out there?

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
I live in an old cottage that goes back a fair way in time, I have been doing a fair bit of landscaping since I moved here and have come across a few coins and other odds an ends.

So I am thinking of buying myself a metal detector to see what I can find, I have my own acreage with the property so no need to seek permission from anyone.

Where do I start looking for a metal detector and what is the minimum I need to discriminate between coins/jewellery and nails etc.

hey Mal, i like your take on the credit cliche. good luck. it'll take you a while to get round your acres!

I have an Xp 250 detector, very good machine.. very difficult getting permission to search. You could always invite someone who has a detector to search for you ? It is normal practice to share the finds 50/50.

A good second hand detector from ebay would probably be a good bet as when you get bored, the resale value is similar to the purchace price.

I bought a rather expensive second hand Tejoro Cortes detector with a 6x9 coil and spent many hours over 6 months before getting bored and selling it for £20 less than I paid. The discriminate modes worked reasonably well, but you will still end up digging bottle tops and pieces of iron.

hey Mal, i like your take on the credit cliche. good luck. it'll take you a while to get round your acres!

I am hoping to find an earthenware pot full of sovereigns to tide me over:D

I have an Xp 250 detector, very good machine.. very difficult getting permission to search. You could always invite someone who has a detector to search for you ? It is normal practice to share the finds 50/50.
Mmm suppose I could do that rather than the outlay of yet another gadget (y).

A good second hand detector from ebay would probably be a good bet as when you get bored, the resale value is similar to the purchace price.

I bought a rather expensive second hand Tejoro Cortes detector with a 6x9 coil and spent many hours over 6 months before getting bored and selling it for £20 less than I paid. The discriminate modes worked reasonably well, but you will still end up digging bottle tops and pieces of iron.

Thanks for that advice, I have a feeling there will be a lot of iron on my land, another thing is that it has never been ploughed before, don't know if that is a good thing or not:thinking:.

Mal,

If you're holidaying down south again then there's a reasonably good detector here for you....pop in some batteries and you're off.

Bob

Er, did I mention 10% of any fortune you find :thinking:

That's very kind and generous of you Bob, yes we are holidaying in Witney again this year but a bit later this time, early July for the 4th time(y), I was hoping to see you again so the treasure can wait till then.

10%...... no problem:)

Also back to Skye in September and before the Oxford trip we are spending a week in York in May so I had better find my mojo by then :D.

Back