anyone done the 7100 to d750 route

Edit My Images
Yes
hi all just wondered if anyone had done the following switch and just wondered how worth while it was with any comments cheers guys

Well first of all, what lenses do you have now - will you need a serious upgrade path with them as well as the body?

I did it.

I had a bunch of FX lenses already, so the hit wasn't so hard.

The D750 feels much better in the hand because of the deeper grip, the image quality is great, focusing is fast, higher ISOs are great. What do you want to know really?

The only negative so far is that because the D7100 is DX the focus points are more spread over the frame than the D750 which has them bunched half way between the D810 and the D610. I only use centre point so it's not an issue for me.

Hi thanks for thé replies just wondered if There was a noticable difference with image quality with thé 7100 and can you still use dx lens with the 750 cheers

You can use DX lens on the D750, yes, but only in a crop mode which is 10mpx, which seems a bit pointless to me.

There's no speed boost from running dx cropping so the only advantage is file size. Might as well run in FX and correct the vignette and crop yourself.

Image quality at low ISO is probably not do different, but at hight isos you'll get much cleaner pics. Also have a look at the d750 thread. I put a pic in there today that was 3.5 stops under exposed.

Thannks darren did you ever regret changing your 7100 then Cost wise

No, but I went from a D90 to a D800E. Probably a significant difference there. I only did it though when I had the funds to buy some pro glass to go with. Everything improved. It would want to!

Thannks darren did you ever regret changing your 7100 then Cost wise
Not at all, but I had about £900 worth of DX bits to sell and I got the D750 for £1200 from Panamoz, so the hit wasn't bad.

It all depends on what lenses you already have really.

Back