Anyone going to Oliver's Mount?

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I'm thinking about going to Oliver's Mount in Scarborough for the road racing this year - probably the Barry Sheene classic.

Will I be allowed to turn up and photograph? Are there any restrictions? Anyone got any advice and is a 200mm lens going to be enough? So many questions!!

Thanks everyone.

Hi all,

I'm thinking about going to Oliver's Mount in Scarborough for the road racing this year - probably the Barry Sheene classic.

Will I be allowed to turn up and photograph? Are there any restrictions? Anyone got any advice and is a 200mm lens going to be enough? So many questions!!

Thanks everyone.
I have never been to a race meeting at Olivers Mount, however, you are allowed to take photographs and you MUST stay in the spectator areas. As the races are run on public roads I would suggest that you drive up to Olivers Mount and have a wander around the circuit a couple of weeks before the meeting to familiarise your self with the layout.

Gonna try and make at least one of the races but not sure which yet. Important to support the circuit or it will be lost.

Photography is easy up there and you can wander around MOST areas. I remember about five years ago helping Phil Read get his leathers off whilst his missus made him a cuppa in the 'pits'.

200mm will be fine as you get close compared to track circuits.

Gonna try and make at least one of the races but not sure which yet. Important to support the circuit or it will be lost.

Photography is easy up there and you can wander around MOST areas. I remember about five years ago helping Phil Read get his leathers off whilst his missus made him a cuppa in the 'pits'.

200mm will be fine as you get close compared to track circuits.

Thanks for that - any advice for where to stand?

Thanks for that - any advice for where to stand?
TBH I just moved around over the two days. It's a short track so you can cover it pretty quickly. I suggest getting there early and just walking around the outside of the track.

The first hairpin feels like it should be full of action but the riders tend to be very civilised when they go around it. Watch this video and it might give you an idea of where you want to stand to see action.

TBH I just moved around over the two days. It's a short track so you can cover it pretty quickly. I suggest getting there early and just walking around the outside of the track.

The first hairpin feels like it should be full of action but the riders tend to be very civilised when they go around it. Watch this video and it might give you an idea of where you want to stand to see action.

That helps. Thank you.

Back