Anyone Got A Manfrotto 410 Junior Geared Head?

Name
April 2008
Edit My Images
No
Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

I am thinking about getting one as I find my ball a bit hard to control and fine tune (I'm sure there's a punn in there).

Are there any other options I should be looking at?

At the moment I am using a Velbon Pro CF-465 & Giottos Ball Head, so it would be replacing the Giottos ball.

I use one of these for my large format camera and 20D. It's very good indeed.
Ironically, I've just bought a ball and socket head for my tripod (a Manfrotto 486RC2 for when I want to do macro work or put my M8 on a tripod. In both cases, I find the geared head a bit restrictive. But for landscape work, and making sure the camera is aligned precisely, I don't think this head can be beaten for the price.

Cheers

Mark

Not got one, but saw one the other day and gonna get me one for table-top and macro. Makes this kind of work a real pleasure :)

Thanks for the input so far chaps :)

I am after it for landscapes. For when I set the camera up and then suddenly realise it's not quite level or I need to move 2mm to the left because there's a pylon in shot, etc. At the moment, it's all a bit clumsy with a ball.

I don't have one but I've used one and I think it's brilliant. The added cost of the larger version makes this seem like a real bargain too.

Thanks for the input so far chaps :)

I am after it for landscapes. For when I set the camera up and then suddenly realise it's not quite level or I need to move 2mm to the left because there's a pylon in shot, etc. At the moment, it's all a bit clumsy with a ball.

Then it will be right up your street. A no-brainer IMHO.

Cheers

Mark

I had a play with the large version in a shop and it was brilliant. If I hadn't committed myself to arca swiss, I'd get one in an instant.

Thats timely - I've got one of these on order which should be here by Monday :)

Thats timely - I've got one of these on order which should be here by Monday :)

You'll have to give us a review when it lands. :)

Sounds like it's a necessity though for me. At least that's what I am telling myself. ;)

I'm teetering on getting a 454 bar for it too at some point as I'm thinking they would work well together for macro work as well. There is a thread in the macro section showings togs setups which was really informative.

I saw and had a mess about with a 410 in the metal last week and from there I took very little persuading. I've got a Manfrotto 322RC2 which I do find easier than a normal ball head to control but as noted above, small adjustments are still tricky and it takes me an age to set up a shot.

Sounds like it's a necessity though for me. At least that's what I am telling myself. ;)

Me too :LOL:

I have one of these. It's very precise and Slow. Perfect for landscapes. I'm looking to get a ball head of something else when I need some faster movement.

Back