Anyone recommend a good Cloning tutorial?

Edit My Images
No
Hi All

Just wondering if any of you good folks could recommend a good cloning tutorial for CS6.
I shot a friends wedding a few weeks back and there is 2 or 3 pictures she likes where the videographer is in them and standing out like a sore thumb. (it was all pre agreed where we would be shooting but for some strange reason he moved all his gear behind them as they were coming down the aisle.)
Him and his gear are really in your face though and cloning stuff is not my strongest point.
Its not a great big deal if she cant have them as they aren't the greatest pictures technically but she wants them more for a personal reason.
Appreciate any advice or help.

Thanks

Something I'm not good at myself, so will have a look at these also.

Hi All

Just wondering if any of you good folks could recommend a good cloning tutorial for CS6.
I shot a friends wedding a few weeks back and there is 2 or 3 pictures she likes where the videographer is in them and standing out like a sore thumb. (it was all pre agreed where we would be shooting but for some strange reason he moved all his gear behind them as they were coming down the aisle.)
Him and his gear are really in your face though and cloning stuff is not my strongest point.
Its not a great big deal if she cant have them as they aren't the greatest pictures technically but she wants them more for a personal reason.
Appreciate any advice or help.

Thanks

There's a better way of learning.

Make spare copies of those files, save the copies in a new folder, call the new folder 'Training', make sure you only open those copies, not the original image files.

Then have fun learning yourself how it's done, try some tricks, hold down Ctrl + Z to undo the work you did, try then in a different ways.

Spend as much time as you like, doing it in different ways, using different clone tools, just play with it. The more you mess about, the more you learn hands-on how they work. You could actually find better ways of doing it yourself than what tutorials suggest.

When you have found out what's the different with the different tool settings, and when you have developed your own style of cloning, you can then have a go doing it for real.

I would still suggest that you still make copies for the original when you start doing the real cloning work, so if although your messing about, self-training, had helped you to find your best way, if you still make a mess, then don't worry as long as you've still been working on the copies rather than the originals.

In fact, I had quick read of most tutorial books, but I do not actually follow their step-by-step suggestions, I just have a go with my own try out.

Tutorial books or videos would suggest you select this tool, adjust this setting, click this, drag this way, but those tutorial may be talking about how to clone a ugly looking shopping bag blowing in the wind of a beautiful landscape photo, and your need to clone the videographer out of the way needs a different tool, different setting, click over there, drag the other way.

The beauty of making copies of the original and have a go with the copies, is you can keep trying to find a better way, just training, until you improve enough to have a go doing real work.

If you think you'll be doing a lot of it, it might be worth investing in a graphics tablet and pen.

Back