anyone use Dropbox?

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
anyone use dropbox? did a job for a friend the other week and they requested i put the pics on dropbox as it was quickest/easiest way for them to get the shots.
So i set up the account and uploaded the pics and everyone happy.
Just now had a notification on my pc's bottom toolbar saying 3 files have been deleted from my dropbox account :thinking:.
so i log on to find the folder i put on is now empty!!!
weird!:thinking:
anyone any idea whats happened?

Hi Carl,

Did you put the photos in the Public folder?

You can create a folder with read only for other users to use. Dropbox works in the same way as GoogleDrive.

anyone any idea whats happened?

If it's a shared folder then either of you can delete the files. I expect he's just moved them to a different folder outside his dropbox.

One slightly annoying feature of dropbox is shared folders take use up both users allowance. So if his was almost full he probably needed the space. I still find it's a great tool.

If it's a shared folder then either of you can delete the files. I expect he's just moved them to a different folder outside his dropbox.

One slightly annoying feature of dropbox is shared folders take use up both users allowance. So if his was almost full he probably needed the space. I still find it's a great tool.

this, if its shared anyone can remove and add what they want.

Not for image files but I have used it for music.

When we did some recording last year, the engineer put the mixes on Dropbox because they would be too big to e-mail and there's no point sending MP3s as they sound terrible.

I found it quite useful.

I think you can send someone a link to a Dropbox folder as a web address which allows then to see the files without being a registered user (I could be wrong but I think that's what I heard).

Steve.

Unless you set a short / known password and someone got to it.

Or it was a shared folder (the one you shared, and they then moved out the content). That is perfectly normal.

Can you set password protected folders in Dropbox?

Back