Anyone use Speedlite Accessory Kit for Nikon?

Name
Wail
Edit My Images
No
I am thinking of getting into using flash for some indoor shoots and may be some portraits.

Don't want to buy a whole strobe / light set-up but was thinking of getting an SB900, a basic set-up from Flash In The Pan, and Speedlite Accessory Kit.

I was curious to know if this Speedlite Accessory Kit was worth the money, and if it fits the SB900 (it doesn't say so under Specification)!

Thanks for any input.

I've got the SB900 and use the lightsphere with it. I intially bought the Gary Fonge cloud version. I liked what it did and then bought the Microglobe clear one for a lot less money. It is the same quality as the expensive version. http://www.microglobe.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?pName=microglobe-lightsphere-ii-mqa4-winverted-dome-cloud-flash-diffusion
I looked at the speedlight kit but just thought it was a lot for what you get.
I would have thought that the kit that Flash in the pan is selling would suffice to begin with and maybe a sphere for handheld shots. They really are good!

Kev.

There is no way I'd spend that much on the accessory kit. Most of that you could make yourself for a few quid. A softbox from FITP and a few bits from your local craft shop would be much lees money and just as useful (especially the softbox) ;)

Thank you, both, for the feedback. I guess that's what I was hoping to hear (y)

And so it is, FITP kit is what I will look to order :)

"the Speedlite kit attaches using the supplied rubber band"

this made me laugh

:p .. in all fairness, I think it's a Velcro strap :shrug:

Kev, does the product on that link fit the SB900?

had a quick look and it says its for the canon & metz

Back