Anyone watching Hannibal?

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
The second series of Hannibal is coming to an end on Sky at the moment. It's absolutely great, story and everything aside, I absolutely LOVE the lighting and how it is shot. The lighting on every single scene is stunning, I'm loving just watching it for this alone - although the character development etc... Is also great. Sometimes the subjects faces will be superbly lit and will have the darker side towards the camera, somewhat a la Joey L. For me, the best thing on tv at the moment.

The second series of Hannibal is coming to an end on Sky at the moment. It's absolutely great, story and everything aside, I absolutely LOVE the lighting and how it is shot. The lighting on every single scene is stunning, I'm loving just watching it for this alone - although the character development etc... Is also great. Sometimes the subjects faces will be superbly lit and will have the darker side towards the camera, somewhat a la Joey L. For me, the best thing on tv at the moment.

I watched all of it at US pace. Mads Mikkelsen is terrifying as Hannibal, an absolute monster. Have you watched Fargo on channel 4?

It's about Hannibal Lecter & set before the films. He is consulting with the FBI on cases, Lawrence Fishbourne is also great in it.

Yeah, watched Fargo, enjoyed it but thought it went a little squishy in the middle for a couple of weeks. It made us watch the original film again too, appreciated the accents & mannerisms more in the series after watching the film. Wasn't Billy Bob Thornton a hard ass in the series though! Badass!

Yeah we are watching it. Wasn't going to because the end of the last series really peed me off but I'm glad we gave it another go. Not so sure how the storyline is going at the moment and I am trying to work out who is manipulating who, I'm watching on demand so a few weeks behind.

Yeah im watching it and really enjoying it. I agree completely about the 'look' of the scenes and the subtle yet effective lighting. Fits it perfectly, and Mads Mikkelsen is absolutely fantastic as Lector.

I am trying to work out who is manipulating who.

Not sure myself but suspect the answer is probably everyone :)

Lighting etc is very good, just wish they'd stop it with the drums :wacky:

I've been watching Hannibal from the start, has a few odd moments mid way through the second series but the last few episodes are utterly fantastic.

Michael Pitt playing Mason Verger was an unexpectedly good decision.

Can't wait for series 3!

Bring on season 3!
I do wonder where they are going to take it though, as things seem to be coming to a head towards the end of this series & things won't be the same afterwards!

It's one of the few good series on television that I actually take the time to PVR and the bonus is it's filmed in Canada - not too far from where I live. I have a 23 year old film grip/gaffer son living in one of my bedrooms, so the more Canadian productions, the more chance he'll get work and move out, lol. The lighting is very well done, though the show itself is pretty gruesome. Have they broadcast True Detective for you yet? It's also a very good show.

True detective has been on, watched the first couple of programmes, & have the rest recorded. Struggled to get into it straight away but the better half likes it.

It took me a couple of shows to get into True Detective because it jumped around a bit from past to present. It was worth it in the end.

Last edited:
This is one of those "oh I wish I'd been watching this" programmes.

Box set alert!!

Hannibal is amazing.

True detective was great.

Fargo was brilliant.

Anyone watched; blacklist, banshee, and the following?

Back