Archie the Boxer dog

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this shot of Archie today while walking up to Captain Cooks Monument near Great Ayton.

I have just recently purchased a Lowepro rut-sack so now I can take all my gear with me, this being the case I got out my flash gun and ended up with this shot, I wouldn't normally have had it with me for a walk with the dog so I'm very happy with the convenience of the bag and also happy with the shot.

C&C welcome

DSC_7506_edited-1_1_.jpg

DSC_7506_edited-1_1_ by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

defo a well taken flash shot
i like the pose as well and the sort of indifference of the dog to the camera
crop the right hand side to near the middle and flip the shot...see what happens
cheers
geof

Last edited:
I prefer the original to be honist as I think the background adds to the picture were as the tighter crop mrtoad did just didn't work for me but the colours were better

I agree with h.p. about the crop / colours, handsome boy looking rather noble, well captured - works for me.

How on earth can anyone justify flipping a shot of an animal which isn't symmetrical?
It makes it look like a different dog !

I prefer the original to be honist as I think the background adds to the picture were as the tighter crop mrtoad did just didn't work for me but the colours were better

i always do a fast crop and edit on photofiltre...it allows minor alterations to 'help' the shot...so that is why it may seem more saturated and sharper
perhaps not everyones taste but i did enjoy editing this majestic dog
love it!!

Yea I prefer the saturation and shaprness its just the crop I don't like its nice you havnt ruined it as some would prefer it your way I just prefer the original

Yea I prefer the saturation and shaprness its just the crop I don't like its nice you havnt ruined it as some would prefer it your way I just prefer the original

and i do too...now that everyone is against me..:LOL:
no worries...i dont get it right all the time
and anyway...the dog cant look the same backwards
cheers
geof
:love:

Back