Are Nikon 80-200 F2.8, 35-70mm F2.8, 35mm F2, 50mm F1.4 (all 4 AF D) worth having?

Name
Steve.
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been offered the 4 following lenses:

Nikon 80-200mm F2.8 AF D. Push Pull Single Ring No Tri Pod Collar. Mint Condition. About 10 years old.
Nikon 35 - 70mm F2.8 AF D. Boxed with paperwork. Unused and as new about 10 years old.
Nikon 35mm F2. AF D. Boxed with paperwork. Unused and as new about 3 years old.
Nikon 50mm F1.4. AFD D. Unboxed. Used a few times but in mint condition. About 3 years old.

Was wondering if the above are worth buying? I'm new to photography and am about to learn but before doing so I want to equip myself with some decent gear. Not sure what aspect of photography I am going to like but will try different kinds to begin with namely portraits, landscape, motor bikes, cars, birds, aviation, motor sport. I already have Nikon 18 - 200 VR, 70 - 300 VR and 18 - 70 DX. Thanks in advance for any replies.

1 and 2 have excellent reviews, 50mm is great, not sure about 35mm. If the price is right I'd definitely take it. They may focus slower than your lenses but will give better results.

buy them, try them and sell those you don't want (to me)

I have been offered the 4 following lenses:

Nikon 80-200mm F2.8 AF D. Push Pull Single Ring No Tri Pod Collar. Mint Condition. About 10 years old.
Nikon 35 - 70mm F2.8 AF D. Boxed with paperwork. Unused and as new about 10 years old.
Nikon 35mm F2. AF D. Boxed with paperwork. Unused and as new about 3 years old.
Nikon 50mm F1.4. AFD D. Unboxed. Used a few times but in mint condition. About 3 years old.

Was wondering if the above are worth buying? I'm new to photography and am about to learn but before doing so I want to equip myself with some decent gear. Not sure what aspect of photography I am going to like but will try different kinds to begin with namely portraits, landscape, motor bikes, cars, birds, aviation, motor sport. I already have Nikon 18 - 200 VR, 70 - 300 VR and 18 - 70 DX. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Yep, definitely worth having - that's all pretty good kit. But depends on prices I guess.

What's he/she asking?

all are deffo worth having absolute class

I'd only add that those which are at 10 years-old; it may be worth while asking how much they'd cost to service :shrug:. The gears may need a bit of attention?

Please don't think I am trying to scare you off buying them. Everyone is telling you they're good to buy, and they sure are. My point is just a concern with the age of the older two's gears.

Yep, definitely worth having - that's all pretty good kit. But depends on prices I guess.

What's he/she asking?

Thanks very much for your replies, all. Very kind.

He's asking £400 for the 80-200mm 2.8 AF D Push Pull Single Ring No Tri Pod Collar. This may be quite old. He says about 10 years (maybe more, can't remember) but he says it's mint with leather case.

£400 combined price for the 35 - 70mm F2.8 AF D (10 yrs) and 35mm F2 AF D (3 yrs). Both these are boxed and he says unused and as new. Or £325 and £150 respectively.

£150 for the 50mm F1.4 AF D. Unboxed. About 3 yrs old. Used a few times but mint.

What do you think? Thanks again.

Reasonable prices although the 80-200mm is towards the top-end of what it goes for 2nd hand.

80-200 too expensive, £300 would be my offer
35-70 £250
35mm don't know
50mm f/1.4, if mint good price

my offer for the lot for a quick sale would be around £750

Back