ASDA REFUSAL

The same thing happened to a friend of mine in asda, she wanted a picture of her son and his football team printed on a birthday cake. They said " they could'nt do it unless she provided them with autherization from all the other childrens parents that were on the picture. It did'nt matter that all the children were going to the party. This country is ****ED BIG TIME.

The same thing happened to a friend of mine in asda, she wanted a picture of her son and his football team printed on a birthday cake. They said " they could'nt do it unless she provided them with autherization from all the other childrens parents that were on the picture. It did'nt matter that all the children were going to the party. This country is ****ED BIG TIME.

Big brother gone mad, give it a few years and there will be riots!
As much as I am proud to be a Brit I am getting the impression that this country should no longer be called 'Great' Britain.

People I've taken pics for have had similar problems at Costco & other places.

I now give everyone a CD with my logo printed on it. On the CD there is a pdf letter providing permission to print and a jpeg of my business card.

I do understand why they do it, but it is a pain if you need some prints quickly.
Ironic how easily this could be faked.

Stroller.

Well thumbs up to them for taking the protected copyright line (y)

Thumbs down for them not having any set tules etc in place as how you can prove you have rights. Because quite frankly a letter etc from the subject is pathetic. :thumbsdown:

(unfortunately in this case they are protecting you from yourself)

Sounds like a useful service in my case :LOL:

Ironic how easily this could be faked.

Yes. The easiest way for the OP to get prints would be too pretend the copyright belonged to someone else and print off a fake copyright transfer letter. Plenty of samples available with a Google search.

Steve.

so they wanted parents permission to print onto a cake - wtf,
its not even a photo - it's a cake hardly a lasting memory they go off,
THATS JUST NUTS

(sorry for caps but I find this v surprising)

Maybe it's just an admission from Asda that their printing service is designed for cr*p snaps only and not suitable for reproducing professional quality images?

I doubt a professional would even contemplate getting Asda to process digital images.:bonk:

Err, yes, that's the idea.

The images seem professional, no professional would go into Asda, therefore the customer is breaking copyright.

Of course, in this case it was a mistake, but these things happen.

I assume Nikon is the same as Canon and you can add your name into the data of every image, if they can read this and you have anything with your name on it (credit card) then this should be proof that it is you?

????????? :thinking:

Errrrrr......I think you should take a moment to reflect on what you have just written here.

Other than the fact that it could be spoofed later, what's wrong with what he said? If it is that it could be spoofed later why didn't you just say that?

A name on the exif of a photo is not proof that you took the photo.

Why has the whole world got it's head up it's a**e when it comes to political correctnesss and trying to be barrack room lawyers. What about someone who has a real eye for a photo and and uses a P&S but knows nothing about copyright (and cares even less). They (ASDA, TESCO et al) just need to say what is required as proof of copyright to allow you to have it printed. If someone wanted to make profit from someone else's work surely they wouldn't do to ASDA!
Witohut being disrespectful how would the average ASDA (or other supermarket) employee know if a phot had been taken by a pro?

Back