Ashby Canal

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken on a frosty morning just before 9am so comfortably outside the so called golden hour. This was taken on the D7100 and has been fairly heavily cropped. All critique & advise on how to improve this will be gratefully welcomed

CJI-CP138-131123-117
by Iffacus, on Flickr

Personally for me the biggest improvement would have been getting a lot closer to the edge, for me there is far too much tow path and not enough canal, this would have also too you depending on your composition mostly out of the shadow which again for me would have improved the scene and increased the feel of the golden hour tones

Matt

Thanks Matt, I did wonder when I was cropping (and this is heavily cropped) if i could get to a better angle, or could have cropped more.

Thanks Matt, I did wonder when I was cropping (and this is heavily cropped) if i could get to a better angle, or could have cropped more.

I'm not sure cropping it much more would change it, the light does look like it was lovely, I tend not to get out all that often for sunrises, I like my bed too much, so only tend to do them when I haven't actually gone to bed yet :LOL: something I would do though this is always a personal thing, and that is to clone out telegraph wires in the background

I was surprised how nice the light was at 9am, I think the fact that sun was effectively only just creeping over the top of the trees to the left of the shot helped. I'm with you on the early rises, but then with a 3yo I'm starting to get used to them

Back