Ashness bridge jetty

Edit My Images
Yes
Here we go... Fairly happy with this, only issue is the blend in the lower right corner.... Anyone got any advice??

I took 2 exposures of the bridge, one at low ISO and 5 mins long for the bridge (blurry stars) and one for the stars, high ISO 15 seconds (sharp stars)... I just can't for the life of me get photoshop to use the lower right corner from the high ISO short exposure shot .... I did try layer masks but it was fiddly as he'll and looked rubbish....

Ashness Bridge - Into the void by keety uk, on Flickr

That said, it was probably one of the most amazing views I've ever seen, just being there, staring up at the heavens and seeing the reflection on the lake...

Last edited:
I'll give that a try when I get home, thanks!

Got the bug for this now... itching to get out and take some more!
hehe ya, i wish i live close to somewhere where i have a chance of getting the sky and stars :)

I'd bit the bullet and go for the mask approach :) As for the composition, I'd try to take the image from either higher or lower so that the post along the left of the pier doesn't meld with the background. It would provide you with more depth in the image. You could also try very briefly painting it with a dim light if you can't change the camera height.

Back