Asparagus

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Asparagus

I tried this in colour but just couldn't get it how i envisioned it (I'm sure if i come back to it at a later date i'll get what i wanted). But whilst moving the mouse curser over my lightroom screen, it went over one of my black & white preset, which briefly change this to black & white. And i thought that it looked quite nice. So after a bit of dabbling this is what i've ended up with.

untitled-3.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Asparagus

I tried this in colour but just couldn't get it how i envisioned it (I'm sure if i come back to it at a later date i'll get what i wanted). But whilst moving the mouse curser over my lightroom screen, it went over one of my black & white preset, which briefly change this to black & white. And i thought that it looked quite nice. So after a bit of dabbling this is what i've ended up with.

by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr
Dominic, are you interested in any specific type of feedback or are you just sharing the work with us to see?

Dominic, are you interested in any specific type of feedback or are you just sharing the work with us to see?
Yes, feedback is good. I don't always respond straight away to comments that have been left. I like to think about and digest what's been said. It maybe a few days or a week (and sometimes I do forget to come back to my post :confused:).
So I do welcome and appreciated someone taking the time to give feedback. :)

Yes, feedback is good. I don't always respond straight away to comments that have been left. I like to think about and digest what's been said. It maybe a few days or a week (and sometimes I do forget to come back to my post :confused:).
So I do welcome and appreciated someone taking the time to give feedback. :)
Dominic, I think that the arrangement itself is truly wonderful and that the monochrome version works. The arrangement itself is sparse, rustic and gives the viewer a feeling of an old farm kitchen. The tall frame and all that negative space works well, although showing faintly recognizable old-fashioned kitchen peaking in from the dark would have worked too. The arrangement is art. I love the inclusion of scissors and the wooden block.

My main objection is the very harsh lighting that makes part of the asparagus merge into darkness that surrounds it and which makes some of the string that ties the asparagus either overly bright or even blown. I would substantially reduce the contrast on the asparagus and perhaps on the rope itself just enough to have all asparagus showing, even if faintly and that there are not overly hot spots on it and the string.

Dominic, I think that the arrangement itself is truly wonderful and that the monochrome version works. The arrangement itself is sparse, rustic and gives the viewer a feeling of an old farm kitchen. The tall frame and all that negative space works well, although showing faintly recognizable old-fashioned kitchen peaking in from the dark would have worked too. The arrangement is art. I love the inclusion of scissors and the wooden block.

My main objection is the very harsh lighting that makes part of the asparagus merge into darkness that surrounds it and which makes some of the string that ties the asparagus either overly bright or even blown. I would substantially reduce the contrast on the asparagus and perhaps on the rope itself just enough to have all asparagus showing, even if faintly and that there are not overly hot spots on it and the string.
Thanks for taking a look.
I was caught between high contrast and low contrast, I couldn't decide.
So I've probably ended up with a bit of both. I'll go back to it and take down the highlights.

Dominic, unless you've edited the image, I don't find the asparagus disappearing into the background, and the tonal range hangs together well for my tastes.

Nicely done sir.

I love the BW look as said very rustic and kind of 1800's look French kitchen?
I would like to see the colour too perhaps. Great work

Back