Assorted birds from a river walk with the RF800 F11

Name
Glen
Edit My Images
No
Getting to old to lug my EF300 f2.8 IS L MKII and EF500 f4.0 MKII about now days so have taken advantage of the RF mount on the R3 and purchased my first RF lens second hand and for much cheapness.

Picked up the RF800mm F11 and a cheap lens hood as a walk about lens for the coming summer months and hopefully some good light but couldn't resist having a go now while walking the dog by the local river.

Impressed with the weight and surprised how good this lens is for the money.

1/
0O3A6691-Enhanced-NR-XL.jpg

2/
0O3A6866-XL.jpg

3/
0O3A6564-XL.jpg

4/
0O3A6496-XL.jpg

5/
0O3A6761-Enhanced-NR-XL.jpg

6/
0O3A6875-Enhanced-NR-XL.jpg

Those are very good. I considered that lens a while back but the f11 put me off. I must say though, going by these images, it looks very capable. (y)

A very nice set indeed.
Many thanks :)
Those are very good. I considered that lens a while back but the f11 put me off. I must say though, going by these images, it looks very capable. (y)
Do have to watch your ISO and shutter speeds to be fair, ISO handling on the R3 along with either Lightrooms noise reduction or Topaz AI is incredible to be fair.
Have set a limit of ISO 6400 for now but keep getting caught out with the Image Stabilization being that good that i can handhold so low for static shots i forget to raise it for BIF.

Back