Astro Question

Edit My Images
Yes
I know there are a few astronomy buffs on here so I'll fire this question out in the open, and apolgies if it has been asked before.

I have a Tasco 114x500mm reflector scope. Its a good scope for me (a beginner) and I've spent many a night in awe of the moon, or jupiter and her four visible moons.

Now I'd like to get my cameras linked to this scope. I have an Oly e410 and e620. I know I need some sort of mount, but am at a loss when I check fleabay as they are all different sizes and shapes.

Can anyone let me know what I would need to connect everything up to take pics?

Thanks in advance

Effjay

I know there are a few astronomy buffs on here so I'll fire this question out in the open, and apolgies if it has been asked before.

I have a Tasco 114x500mm reflector scope. Its a good scope for me (a beginner) and I've spent many a night in awe of the moon, or jupiter and her four visible moons.

Now I'd like to get my cameras linked to this scope. I have an Oly e410 and e620. I know I need some sort of mount, but am at a loss when I check fleabay as they are all different sizes and shapes.

Can anyone let me know what I would need to connect everything up to take pics?

Thanks in advance

Effjay

I would suggest you need something like this Sorry, I don't know either the scope or the cameras you mention but the t mount seems to cover for most issues you will face such as focus travel etc.

Hope this helps
Steve

Get an Olympus T-ring, and T-adaptor as Steve says. You will need a motorised equatorial mount which will track the stars at sidereal rate if you haven't got one already. To be honest, if you are interested in astrophotography you will probably get far better images with your DSLR lenses than through a cheap telescope such as the Tasco, though you would have to limit yourself to large objects.

Jupiter will appear as a small dot at prime focus, if you want more magnification you would have to use eyepiece projection or the Barlow lens plus webcam method which is pretty much the accepted way to image planets in astrophotography now.

Back