At last it pays!

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
I was not sure whether this would be printed until I got the mag today. At first the editor was keen then he went a bit cold but eventually asked for the hi-res shots.

Taken above Nevis Range at Fort William they show the new 4 cross track and the extensions to the downhill track. Any rider who has ridden Fort Bill would want to know what work had been done and as the track is closed off-season they won't find out until it opens in May. My photos give them a "preview".

So, pleased to get a sale, and one where I must give my son Greg credit to. It was he who spotted which magazine would be most interested.

IMG_4871_copy.jpg

IMG_4873_copy.jpg

Not a large ransom but the pay will do well to pay for the day and some equipment costs. :)

Very good, and a full page shot too, congratulations - must feel great (y)

:D

:clap: well done hun :clap:

Well done - and nice to be able to get paid for a "hobby".

Last time I went up was back in the '60s on the Fort William Run . . . wish I was that fit now! So bikes have taken over from two feet.

Well Done Gary.... it's a good feeling innit! :clap:

Happy days :)
Congrats

Thanks guys for the comments. Yes it does feel good, especially when I can get paid for it. Some of my shots have been in print in the past but this is a breakthrough to earn from my flying stuff.

I would like to thank those here that helped me improve my standard by good constructive feedback .... it really does help! (y)

Hope to show you some more work that has been picked up from my Flickr page and will appear in a Sunday magazine in January....... the ball is rolling!

nice one mate. i'll look out for the pic, i read that mag pretty often.

Awww well done you! Bet you're on a high! :clap:

(just realised what a shocking pun that was - sorry!)

Just got this email from Mike at Dirt Mag

Hi Gary,

People love those shots, and they had to be used big really.....

Are you sure you don’t want to be in the air for the World Champs? How about qualifying in the morning?

Have a great Christmas.

Mike.

He has asked me how much to take photos from the air whilst event is on but I had declined as plan to be on ground (hopefully with photo pass) Interesting proposition as I could get different shots to other togs.......:thinking:

I have explained difficulties of weather so we will have to see how it goes. :shrug:

Back