Auchinleck Talbot v Bo'ness United Emirates Scottish Cup

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
A gorgeous day in Ayrshire and two of the biggest names in Scottish juniors football drew a crowd of 1500-2000 for the Emirates Scottish Junior Cup 1/4 final. Great atmosphere and brutal at times for the young linesman who at 19-20 took it in his stride.

_Z3I2231_filtered.jpg

_Z3I2347_filtered-1.jpg

_Z3I2313_filtered.jpg

_Z3I2090_filtered.jpg

_Z3I2248_filtered.jpg

And the second goal - from the opposite end of the ground i.e. a mighty crop.
Milliken-goal2.jpg

Ideally I would have liked to have been in a better position, however with 6 press photographers and myself jostling for position it was pretty much take what you can get (Juniors football is pretty big up here). The local Ayrshire Post photographer was there and set up really early and had the prime spot – he knew the ground like the back of his hand. Two photographers from the Glasgow Evening Times had the other two prime spots which left the Scottish Sun, Scottish Sunday Mail photographer and myself scrabbling for the best of the rest. I think I came out best as the other two were none too happy with their images and complaining about lack of space on the touchlines etc etc... So it was the luck of the draw on the day Note to self, get there earlier, park your butt and don't move.

Got to be honest and say that I'm very surprised that you went for shutter priority, especially with such a cluttered background. The shots range from f/6.3 to f/9, which is far to narrow.

The action isn't too bad, but the technique could do with some brushing up. There can be advantages to shooting into the sun, but those are often outweighed by the problems.

Back