Audi showroom

bet that was good fun! I have an Audi and everytime I visit the dealer I imagine photos in the brand new modern show room.

I'm sure you took plenty of photos but can't understand why you would post three pretty uninteresting ones in this thread? Not meaning to be cheeky but must have been more interesting shots than a reflection, a glass and a strange half shot of the side of a car window :)

bet that was good fun! I have an Audi and everytime I visit the dealer I imagine photos in the brand new modern show room.

I'm sure you took plenty of photos but can't understand why you would post three pretty uninteresting ones in this thread? Not meaning to be cheeky but must have been more interesting shots than a reflection, a glass and a strange half shot of the side of a car window :)

Unfortunatly I was sharing the showroom with 40 other photographers so it was virtually impossible to get a shot without getting other photographers or their tripods in so I decided to go for more detail shots.
I'm sorry you find them uninteresting!!

Sarah, experiment and do your own thing. It's what floats YOUR boat and nobody else. If you enjoyed the experience, BRILLIANT! Can't see the point in 40 people queuing up to take the same shot because it might look good. I can criticise my own photos without anyone's help.
There are some amazing shots technically which after a while become BORING! We are individuals NOT clones.

2 and 3 for me. Especially 3.
I like the idea behind 1, and love the dimples in the paintwork, but feel the framing is a little strange, either make the handle a feature, or cut it out, having it half in half out doesnt do it for me.
Great shots though, will have to ask around my local showrooms :)

I like them......I'm no professional but like different, if everyone went about photography the same way the shots would be very boring! It's given me a few ideas of shots to do on my next go at car photography

Like Jeff, I think the images all work well and show a good level of technical proficiency. I also think #1 shows up the state of modern paints (although my 59 plate car seems a LOT less orange peely than that, even close up!) Not sure if the apparent banding on #3 is artefaction or simply reflections of the ceiling there.

Nice set (y)

The first 2 don't really do it for me but I do like number 3 a lot.
Thank you!

Sarah, experiment and do your own thing. It's what floats YOUR boat and nobody else. If you enjoyed the experience, BRILLIANT! Can't see the point in 40 people queuing up to take the same shot because it might look good. I can criticise my own photos without anyone's help.
There are some amazing shots technically which after a while become BORING! We are individuals NOT clones.
Thank you, it's not my idea of fun joining 40 others which is why I don't normally join in on these events but I do like to experiment and do my own thing!!

2 and 3 for me. Especially 3.
I like the idea behind 1, and love the dimples in the paintwork, but feel the framing is a little strange, either make the handle a feature, or cut it out, having it half in half out doesnt do it for me.
Great shots though, will have to ask around my local showrooms :)
Thank you!

I like them......I'm no professional but like different, if everyone went about photography the same way the shots would be very boring! It's given me a few ideas of shots to do on my next go at car photography
Thank you!

I like the images posted, #1 does show up modern mass produced paint quality though.

Like Jeff, I think the images all work well and show a good level of technical proficiency. I also think #1 shows up the state of modern paints (although my 59 plate car seems a LOT less orange peely than that, even close up!) Not sure if the apparent banding on #3 is artefaction or simply reflections of the ceiling there.

Thank you, the paintwork doesn't look to good - it's surprising how many inperfections the camera can show!! The banding on #3 is from the ceiling, which was very noticable on any shots showing windscreens!

Thank you!!

I was really pleased tonight to find out that #3 was chosen by the Audi garage as their winning entry from the evening! I was awarded with an Audi RS7, though it is a bit on the small side!! ;)

Audi would be embarrassed to see shot number one, that paint quality is absolute shocking for a showroom car! That orange peel effect brings down your image quality, but theres nothing you could do there, its nicely shot. Love number three, well deserved.

Back