Aurora from North Cornwall 23-4-23

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of the Aurora taken from Delabole North Cornwall, taken 23-4-23.

Imagied with Canon 600D 14 sec exposures 6400 iso, with 18-55mm kit lens at 18mm setting. The iso probably to high really but didn't know what I was doing as my first Aurora. The best of the night I stacked into a timelapse but file to large for here.

I even spotted a meteor in duller purple image and posted it here, middle left of image. Still lots to look through the 400 odd images.

It was mesmerising to view these images on my dslr screen and I could make our the pinks, purples and greens in the sky though the camera more sensitive. Shame about the clouds here only giving me peeks at the show. It started off with dull purples and was culminating into bright pink with the pillars dancing around. At 23.30 I called it a night as clouds only got thicker.

Lee

Attachments

• Aurora-23-4-23-Rays-01_copy_2592x1728.jpg
    Aurora-23-4-23-Rays-01_copy_2592x1728.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Aurora-23-4-23-Meteor_copy_2592x1728.jpg
    Aurora-23-4-23-Meteor_copy_2592x1728.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Excellent. Forecast here was clouds until 2.30am so I didn't bother.
Unusual to see it this far south?

Excellent. Forecast here was clouds until 2.30am so I didn't bother.
Unusual to see it this far south?
Thank you Peter. It was forecast to be partly cloudy on this night but the Aurora alert pinged on my phone so I had to give it a try after missing the last 2 down here, so I'm chuffed I gave it a go. The Scilly isles reported views of it too.
Lee

Excellent
I think it was clear here (S Somerset) and I saw the red alert, but did I bother to go out? No. I thought I've been out walking all day, dinner and a glass of wine, and can I really be bothered because every time I've looked before I've seen nothing and come back in to find the activity's dropped right off.
My own fault. Next time I WILL GO OUT. Lesson learned :headbang:
Can I blame the wine.............?

Excellent
I think it was clear here (S Somerset) and I saw the red alert, but did I bother to go out? No. I thought I've been out walking all day, dinner and a glass of wine, and can I really be bothered because every time I've looked before I've seen nothing and come back in to find the activity's dropped right off.
My own fault. Next time I WILL GO OUT. Lesson learned :headbang:
Can I blame the wine.............?
Thank you. Yes I totally know what you mean and yep blame the wine . From now on I'll definitely be going out even if it's cloudy just in case. It's just pure luck really isn't it.
Lee

Beautiful images, not too often we get to see them down here. Unfortunately I did not hear about until too late or I would have ventured out onto North Dartmoor.

Beautiful images, not too often we get to see them down here. Unfortunately I did not hear about until too late or I would have ventured out onto North Dartmoor.
Thank you, it was really special to see them down here

Back