Australia Zoo

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Overall a nice set of photos (y) and I think a bit of PP on a couple of them would really bring out great photos (y)

#1. I think that I would crop this one a little tighter to loose the bottom of frame where there seems to have been a bit of an exposure issue, it almost looks like there was a bit of light leak :thinking: the same issue seems to arise in #4. #1 also hasn't really be helped my shooting into the sun :(

#2. I'm really liking this one (y) it works really well and the added bonus of a bit of a gob shot :D

#3. It's a hard life ;) I'd consider cropping in a little tighter, but other than that it's really quite nice

#4. Again it work's well (y) again it could do with a little bit of a crop IMO

#5. Very nice, well exposed and nice action..

#6. With a strong crop I think that this would be a brilliant image :clap: the action of the water is amazing, but there is far too much empty space..

Welcome to TP :wave:

Matt
MWHCVT

Does Australia Zoo not have any Australian animals?

I agree with Matt on each photo and would love to see a tighter crop on no. 6 - it would lose some of the water drops but would be worth it.

Good stuff.

Thanks for the comments :) Australia Zoo did have lots of crocs but they were really hard to get good shots of as they were very dark and drab!

I have had a go at cropping that shot, is this what you meant?

Oz Zoo by mesharp, on Flickr

heres the scariest thing i think i have seen!

Oz Trip 441 by mesharp, on Flickr

That second crop definitely works better for me than the original.

Is the flaring in the first shot a bit of fence or something in the foreground? Slightly distracting in an otherwise interesting shot of a VERY relaxed looking beasty!

I'd be tempted to go for a closer crop on number 3 too; currently the body of the tiger (being cropped itself) doesn't add anything to the photo for me and seems to be throwing off the balance of the composure of the shot. I'd tend to sacrifice the body on the right and some of the grass on the left for a nice shot of the head.

Nice work!

Thanks all for the comments :)

You are all of course right about the cropping - still something I have a lot to learn about!

Back