Critique Autumn

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
Yes
It looks like your getting the exposures right :) the colours and tones of autumn are wonderful for photography, I think that my favourite is the third it's really nice the sunburst the backlighting of the leaves and the fact that the leaves almost perfectly frame the little bridge :)

You need to think more about interesting view though, take your last one it shows a lovely shallow DoF but ask yourself is there enough interest in that branch to justify it being the focus of the photo, IMO no there isn't, there is nothing special about it

Matt

Hi NIgel, glad to see you've got the hang of posting photo's now... I've tidied up the test-threads etc, rather than leave a bunch of dead-end posts cluttering the forum.

As to the pictures, I'm going to go pretty much 100% with Matt on the critique... the third and fifth in particular are suffering for me from an almost complete lack of anything to "hang the image on"... though the third would actually work quite well as a "seasonal wallpaper" for your PC I suppose...

Thanks everyone for the replies. I know what you mean about No6, I was trying to get something different from the normal Autumnal scene - guess I will have to try again :)

Thanks again.

Back