Avebury at night

If you're going to post a link, at least make it a proper one, and not to the Flickr mobile site which is utter pants.

If you're going to post a link, at least make it a proper one, and not to the Flickr mobile site which is utter pants.

I guess you missed the part about "please be kind"?

I think that's a cracking shot. Lovin the stars in the sky and a strong subject. Gets a thumbs up from me. (y)

I guess you missed the part about "please be kind"?

I think that's a cracking shot. Lovin the stars in the sky and a strong subject. Gets a thumbs up from me. (y)

I perfectly prepared to be kind about the photo, but having spent 5 minutes trying to convert Flickr mobile into the normal Flickr to read the Exif, quite frankly I can't be bothered to comment.

Or we could have been more helpful and polite to a new member and assisted in telling them how to post on here

Welcome to the site Moonmirage, it is preferable for people to post the photos rather than a mobile link. We do have an faq on how to post photos to share and I will dig out the link for you. Although I may not be too much help as I'm posting from an app also :LOL:

I perfectly prepared to be kind about the photo, but having spent 5 minutes trying to convert Flickr mobile into the normal Flickr to read the Exif, quite frankly I can't be bothered to comment.

Hi Mark,

all you need to do is to remove the m. at the start of the address, shouldnt take 5 minutes!!
Happy to help.

That is an image and a half!! How did you get the shot??

Welcome to the forum by the way - if this is your starting shot, looking forwards to seeing more :)

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Mark,

all you need to do is to remove the m. at the start of the address, shouldnt take 5 minutes!!
Happy to help.

I agree, and it's working now. Except yesterday the Flickr settings were wrong and neither the image or the account were viewable via the normal site.

Pointless exercise in the end, because the Exif has been stripped out.

As a photograph I think that the concept is great, there are a couple of niggles though...

The shot needs straightening counterclockwise a bit (don't use the top of the bank as a level!!)

Attention to detail is everything in this type of shot- the two stars peeking out from behind the stone (top right) are distracting once you've seen them.

With long exposure shots you need to watch out for background light pollution. At a rough guess you've shot facing S.W. and picked up the trees towards the cricket club? They've created a hotspot which drags your eyes to the bottom right of the picture.

Minor points which would improve an otherwise good photo.

Back