Avro Shackleton MR.2 WR963 (Plus one Meteor)

"Excellent" low light aviation style capture Steve, liking this pic' very much.

The aircraft described by one pilot as "a million rivets flying in close formation". Nice.

That's a very striking image, it really "pops" ( that's my term for a picture that just hits you as soon as you look at it.)

Here's a thought - what about reducing the amount of foreground grass so the sky is more powerful. It's an aircraft, the sky is it's place, and the meteorite flying past is somewhat symbolic of all of that. I'm certainly no expert, but somehow less grass and more emphasis on the sky is screaming at me.

Either way it's a great photograph and I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion.

That's a very striking image, it really "pops" ( that's my term for a picture that just hits you as soon as you look at it.)

Here's a thought - what about reducing the amount of foreground grass so the sky is more powerful. It's an aircraft, the sky is it's place, and the meteorite flying past is somewhat symbolic of all of that. I'm certainly no expert, but somehow less grass and more emphasis on the sky is screaming at me.

Either way it's a great photograph and I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion.
Thanks for the comments I've removed as much of the grass as I can without cropping the wings and I agree it does look better. :)

Avro Shackleton MR.2 WR963 by Steve Tron, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back