Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
1)
Shakleton by Nivvy2010, on Flickr
2)
Shackleton 2 by Nivvy2010, on Flickr

What a lovely evening apart from the rain but even that didn't spoil the evening. What a great sight and sound of the engines running I cant wait to see this in the air.
Kevin

Elephant in the room moment..... it's not running in these photos.....

Cracking aircraft the Shackleton, I know a couple of the restoration crew for this bird..!

One of my physics teachers at school was a navigator on Shackletons in the 1950s. He blamed the fact that he couldn't hear the top octave on a piano keyboard on the noise from them.

As an air cadet I got a flight on a a Shackleton over the North Sea. Noisy inside but awesome. Lovely to see the pi cture but dyjng to see it in the air.

Steve

Cracking aircraft the Shackleton, I know a couple of the restoration crew for this bird..!

You can tell them they did a great job last night it was well worth the fee :)

Elephant in the room moment..... it's not running in these photos.....

i will upload a running shot tonight i have to admit its not the best but please feel free to take a look later

One of my physics teachers at school was a navigator on Shackletons in the 1950s. He blamed the fact that he couldn't hear the top octave on a piano keyboard on the noise from them.

I can image the sound is amazing though

As an air cadet I got a flight on a a Shackleton over the North Sea. Noisy inside but awesome. Lovely to see the pi cture but dyjng to see it in the air.

Steve

me niether its going to be a sight and a half it will certainly pull in the crowds

You can tell them they did a great job last night it was well worth the fee :)

i will upload a running shot tonight i have to admit its not the best but please feel free to take a look later

I can image the sound is amazing though

me niether its going to be a sight and a half it will certainly pull in the crowds

Its one journey I will make the effort to clear my diary for. No rush so will stay local too.

S

shakleton3 by Nivvy2010, on Flickr

WR963's run which they took care to get the engines warmed up evenly before letting them have some throttle and doing some relatively high power runs - 2450rpm and around 50" boost; which was when the Griffons really start to get into their stride and the exhausts start glowing.

Thank you so much for this. My dear old Dad used to work on these when he was in the RAF back in the 1950's and he loved them like they were the only aircraft on the planet. He also told me one of his proudest moments was when I took him flying after I passed my PPL. Sadly he died last year and I miss him so much but I have framed loads of his Shackleton pictures as a daily reminder of him.

Your photo is a really well composed one with some super detail and Dad would have loved it too. Now, what would I give to get my backside in the left seat of that grand old lady.... :)

Interesting shots Kevin, and I particularly like the last one with the glowing exhaust.

Very nice set Kevin, it will be really great to see her fly again, an aircraft that I have only ever seen on the ground.

Back