Avro vulcan!!!!

Edit My Images
Yes
My Q is why doesn't there seem to be any photo's of the Vulcan at the recent air shows??Mine didn't come out well at all in the air!
But I'm a complete nov!!
Everyone raves about the plane as its so immense and a legend but there doesn't seem to be any pics of it!!
Just wandering!!

I know this! Sorry if i've ruffled your feathers!!
I was just wandering why there weren't any photo's on the RIAT threads!!

Last edited:
I know this! Sorry if i've ruffled your feathers!!
I was just wandering why there weren't any photo's on the RIAT threads!!

No problems. As for why no photo's I can't help you there, normally there's hundreds of them.

Thanks for those Kev, I would of had a card full of it had it been at Waddington the week before. I love this plane and have managed to sit in the cockpit while it was taxiing along years ago. I would love to go for a flight in it, maybe if I win the lottery and sponsor it for a year or so I might get a chance, I can but dream.

I too missed the Vulcan at Waddington this year. However, I am fortunate to live next to Cottesmore in Rutland and coming home one afternoon last week I saw XH558 circling my village. Shot in, grabbed a77 with Sony 70-400 fitted and to my delight it took several spins around my cottage before flying off so I fired away without any consideration for settings! Got a few:

Vulcan01_050712.jpg

Vulcan02_050712.jpg

Vulcan03_050712.jpg

Vulcan04_050712.jpg

BBC East Midlands today used one for their weather picture that evening:

BBCEMT.jpg

So please she is back in the air. (The Vulcan that is!)

Last edited:
A couple from RIAT on saturday for you.

Kev.

Cracking shots - just a question re exposure compensation. To get the plane well exposed in a bright sky how much +ex do you set to? Cheers.

Normally around +1 for me, but that can be upped to +2 even in some cases

Back