Awe inspiring photo

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
What make's this photo 'awe inspiring' for me?

Thundersport-Snetterton-23-06-L.jpg

Give you a couple of crop / clues

#1 - twin brake levers

#2 - clamp / grips to hold feet on the pegs and knee's to the tank

The guy has taken an age to get his racing licence, has to start from the pits but finished and wasn't last - anyone with that much determination / passion deserves a mountain of praise - just goes to prove the old saying "if the mind is willing"

For me as a biker and knowing how tough it is to throw a bike around a circuit with everything working and seeing this guy ride a lot better whilst paralysed from the waist down. . . . . . yes I am in awe and don't mind admitting it.

.DAVID.

First race, starting from the pit lane and came in 21st I believe - top man

Good on him!

Do you happen to know how he changes gear? Another shift lever on the clutch side? However he does it, top bloke!

Gary - he pulls into the pits and his team grab him as he stops, bike straight onto a paddock stand, they then help him into his chair. Also noticed that he has a small jocky wheel / stand that is dropped down if needed - looking at the website I posted a couple of replies down.

gazfy - Had a look at a few of the photo's I have and I believe the bikes had an electronic changer fitted - left hand bar has 2 buttons fitted, presuming one for down the box and for up.

.DAVID.

Last edited:
As you say, David, definitely a biker!

Thanks for the info David. (y)

Just goes to show, put your mind to it and you can achieve anything.

Just read that the race on Saturday was another first - the first motorcycle race by a paraplegic in the UK. Kinda makes you wander what he will aim for next.

.DAVID.

It is indeed fantastic to see this guy riding so well without the use of his legs.

However, I have to ask, what if he went down or the bike caught fire? Seems kind of dangerous to me (I know it can be dangerous anyway but you know what I mean!)

Back