awesome high speed photography with paint

I had the new backing cards for my Canon Printer display with one of these images on and I loved the look, may even try this myself in budget mode!

Last edited:
im right in thinking that a dark room, speaker with cover and bulb mode would get me close to these shots? Then hit the speaker and fire my flashgun?

or am i way off the mark?

Stunningly good video (y)

ooo.. very nice... I want to try this now.. Doesn't look too complicated to set up. Might be a weekend experiment if these rainy days continue....

Thanks for sharing.

PS: so are canon printers any good? :D

great video - though not strictly speaking photography. stunning use of colours though

Amazing far far better than my punitive attempts. I can do this but only for a single shot and it is not easy. Pulsing a sound and getting the lighting correct is something in it self but then capturing it all with multiple shutter releases is awesome. I must try this when next I set up for this type of shot.
Here is some of my work.....

4351698462_2ab76003f4_z.jpg

4284870070_77764d70e6_b.jpg

4270167074_c0126eef03_z.jpg

4248122743_6638cab222_z.jpg

Excellent video & lovely colours, thanks for the link (y)

Really love watching things like this, so interesting. But also love seeing images like digitall's on a much simpler rig. Even though I have a flash trigger etc I still enjoy trying water drop collision shots with only the kitchen tap dripping, kit lens and on camera flash, was actually doing this yesterday.
Think it gives inspiration to others when they see shots like this or digitall's, realise thay can do it with basic equipment then give it a go and get a result. Maybe im just mellowing in my old age !

Digitall.....I was just about to reference some of your stuff from a while back that I remember!.....they are so behind the times :D (y)

I really like this kind of photography - hopefully I will have some time in the future to pursue these sorts of projects.

Noticed this video link - saw it a few weeks ago Light Painting new direction

http://www.vimeo.com/14958082

I thought they might get fed up of that paino player playing the same notes over and over again while they spoke!

Looks like fun though. they seemed to have to use a vast amount of light to get there 5K frame rate

I have seen some photos of this type on flickr before and they look fantastic, that video is fantastic (y)

Oh, alright then: 300% for 50p - and that's my final offer. :bonk:

ok you've convinced me - I'll give you a performance related investment, nothing now but once you have made me £1m clear profit I will give you the 50p. Deal?

ok you've convinced me - I'll give you a performance related investment, nothing now but once you have made me £1m clear profit I will give you the 50p. Deal?

Deal (y) - that sounds like a truly exceptional proposition to me.

Just to clarify, you'll give me a performance related investment of 25p once I have made you a clear profit of £2m.

Here's the contract :rules:.

Back