Ayrton Senna - Photoshop work

but I fear ill be on the one way road to being sued :)

Why would you be sued? Its not like scanning a photo & fobbing it off
as an original :shrug:

sadly in legal terms its exactly like that.... breaching copyright includes reproducing anything by anymeans without permission for sale... so although ive tried to contact the photographer, i have no doubt if i start making any money ill find out who they were very quickly...

I might be paranoid, lol but im also very aware how angry id be if it happend to me.

Get some confidence in yourself, this is a frigging great piece of work and if people could do this a fraction as well as you have they would be proud. True there are some stupidly talented people in this world who may do similar things but at the end of the day what you see is what you get, and if you show this to people they will see it and appreciate it; most importantly they will enjoy it and respect your work.

Get in touch with the photographer if you can, I am sure he would be interested to see what could be done with his work, and go from there. Get your feet stuck into it!

Thats amazing!
I bet you're well chuffed with yourself.
I'd get that on a canvas and hang it up in your house.

Dion!

Fantasdtic work, although is a good example now of how someone could be a fantastic graphic designer yet shocking with a camera and produce good 'photos'....

Which will allways create a good debate.

Thats just WOW! I've the artistic talent of a cluster of colour-blind hedgehogs... in a bag, so can just imagine the amount of skill it takes to do something like that.

I'm sure there has to be a way of commercially exploiting that image?

Been watching Blackadder of late? :D

Fantastic picture.
Why don’t you e mail a copy to the Senna origination they might want to by it and you get a small commission on each sale.

i was about to comment that it was overprocessed till i watched the vid!!:LOL:

lovely work, well done(y)

:clap::clap::clap:

Absolutely excellent

True dedication, 100 hours, did you know what image you were aiming for or was it trial and error? either way stunning and you should feel proud.

:clap:

Another fan here... That's some skill matie, and deserves some limelight so chase down the photographer and get that yellow ticket.

:eek: that is incredible ... I'm not even particularly an F1 fan but I wouldn't mind having that on canvas on my wall :D in awe of your talent and patience :D

I think the subject matter is the major factor however rather than talent

Firstly i'd like to say your work is amazing, secondly i think you should not put yourself down, the work speaks for itself, weather you had made it of anyone else would not have made a difference in my opinion.

As i'm a big follower of the late, great Barry Sheene, if you had chosen to put your abilities into an image of him, i would be knocking on you do for a copy of the original file, but i still have to agree with many others in this thread that i would definately hang a canvas print of your image of Senna on my wall.

Please take the compliments for what they are, the people who have posted in this thread are amazed at the piece you have produced, not just the fact that it is of a F1 legend.

Truly amazing work, words don't really express the WoW factor. The sheer clarity alone is awesome :woot::woot:

Alot of time to create, but IMO well worth it..........(y)

Stu

still the compliments keep coming, I truly appreciate the time each and everyone of you has spent commenting.

This was my first serious piece of work with the graphics tablet so i really wasnt expecting such a positive response, so thank you...its given me much needed motivation to start the next one.

as for have I printed it/canvased it....Ive printed and framed one for my friend at A1 (looks massive)... and one for my father at A2. Thats it, I cant afford the fees to get it printed on Canvas but its not going anywhere so I may well sort that out in the future (I dunno if id put it up in my own house, I think itd be a little weird having my own painting staring me in the face everyday...id be constantly critising bits and pieces).

Once again thank you to everyone whos commented..ill be sure to keep you all posted if i find the mystery photographer (maybe then i can sell a few)...CHEERS

Amazing, the man would have proud... just about getting to grips with Picasa 3 myself,
As for the photographer, I have looked through all my Ayrton Senna books that I have, a friend and photographer of AS, was a man called Keith Sutton, his book `A Personal Tribute` as many photographs, his personal close up shots are a big feature in the many photographs he as taken of AS, but yours does not feature in this book, but I believe he did other books that I do not have.

Sadly this period (As`s disqualification in this race) was the start of outside interference coming into F1, (Prost/Balestre)...and as we are aware is ruining the sport today, anyway, wish you look, as AS still as many fans still buying memorabilia.
One would go with my 'Where Senna Dares' water color of AS taking the lead from 5th. on the grid on the first lap, in torrential rain, European GP Donnington 93, and 'The Tribute' Brazilian GP 94.

Quote from 'Remembering Ayrton Senna'
TO COME SECOND ONLY MEANS YOUR THE BEST LOSER:1st::1st:

amazing, any chance of seeing the original photo it was based on?

here you go...
the orginal by unknown

****REMOVED AS NOW WE KNOW ITS A GETTY IMAGE**** (if you didnt see it, it looks similar to this lol)

the painting by me

3533624824_8b4b5f8542_o.png

well i guess if nothing else it shows a little artistic licence lol ....(or my skills as a b4 and after "spot the difference" artist)

P.s thought id show some detail areas larger crops from original (sans water mark)
3546296430_5707bce35b_b.jpg

Last edited:
:clap:

wish i had the skill to do something like that

Have a go, I think youd be surprised what you can do... dont rush be prepared to take a long time over it. (I came from an artist background, ive got maybe slightly above average traditional drawing skills but no better, thats not modesty its honesty...if you enjoy doing somthing its a lot easier than when your trying to force it). Have a go :)

im about as artistic as a melon :LOL:

i cant draw for anything, even worse with a mouse and i've not got a tablet

Great find, but at a guess, if Getty have the rights to the photo (and they will since its a staff photographers work) then theres no chance of exploiting this work commercially. Still it's so fantastic I suppose its worth emailing them to see what your position is - you definitely deserve to make some money from this.

Last edited:
Breathtaking.

I would suggest doing a lot of research before starting the Button piece. There are some great images of him already this season, if you could get in contact with the right people and show them what you do, I'm sure a few doors could open with regards to a commission or something along those lines.

I did a quick Google search and think the photogarpher is Pascal Rondeau/Getty Images.

One step forward two steps back, GREAT work on finding the guy, thank you. Im not really sure how to approach this now *** lol. I think buying the right to use the image is likley to cost in excess of what I can hope to earn for the painting itself... any one got any ideas of how to suck up to a massive corporation?

OK heres one I made earlier, slightly different style not sure how this one will go down. This time done using corel Painter and a tablet this one however is freehand from a sketch watching the GP on tv (FOM suit here i come).

I could probably start a new thread but as its not dramtically different from the last i dont wanna push my luck with the non photography thing.

(I wanted this to look hand painted, its also a lot quicker to do than the anal details going on with the senna picture... although still quite intresting nonethe less IMO)

3547734069_cf5ff82826_o.jpg

*excusse my website ad

Last edited:
Back