Critique B&W - Horrible or what!?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
As a bit of light relief I set myself the challenge of photographing something really common place:

5469-1403379789-84a1e83598262e2f50a82b0f9efc58a6.jpg

I processed it in Silver EFEX and pushed the sliders all over the place to various extremes. Higher Management thought it was horrible when she saw it:)

I quote like it. It's one of them photographs that is obvious, yet not IYSWIM.

I'd prefer if it was all in focus, but he square crop works well.

Cheers.

I quote like it. It's one of them photographs that is obvious, yet not IYSWIM.

I'd prefer if it was all in focus, but he square crop works well.

Cheers.

Thanks - daft as it sounds I hadn't noticed it was out of focus on the top LH corner - I was too busy playing about with it - might have another go:)

I'm not so sure as to that the OOF section is the primary issue, it seems that the entire image is suffering from a little motion blur, I suspect you need faster shutter speed, that said I'm really liking the gritty B&W conversion, I'm a real sucker for this kind of B&W treatment

I'm not so sure as to that the OOF section is the primary issue, it seems that the entire image is suffering from a little motion blur, I suspect you need faster shutter speed, that said I'm really liking the gritty B&W conversion, I'm a real sucker for this kind of B&W treatment

Thanks - I don't think I moved my hand - but next time I will use a remote shutter release, as well as taking into account the other comments.

Back