Critique B & W Nissan Skyline GTR

Name
paul rogers
Edit My Images
Yes
no my normal style but a friends starting out his own business on car polish Tamz vehicle detailing.com
so quickly uploaded From Today B & W got lots to look at.
But got to let owner see the colour photograph's first so did this first
does it look Ok
Nissan GTR by
Paul Rogers Photography
, on Flickr

As an example of really shiny bodywork it really works well but as a car photo it's really not working for me, the framing it's really odd in that you've got parts of lots of components in the frame but not a whole component part, e.g. You've part of the wheel but not all of it, part of the headlight cluster but not all of it etc....also the reflections in the bodywork prove to be a distraction and make the body panels look really poorly aligned, hell it almost looks like its been in a crash :(

Matt

I'm with Matt on this, sorry!

? if it for car Polish to show the reflection or what his Polish can do..
WHAT else does it need

WHAT else does it need
I think it needs to have cleaner reflections and be shot in a better location. it looks very busy. the door is very shiny yes but its not the first thing you notice.

my first thought was to hit F5 to refresh the page as i thought the image hadnt loaded properly.

Dont mean to sound harsh paul but it really needs the whole car in :)

Last edited:
WHAT else does it need

In needs to be done with more thought, your trying to sell a service (detailing) so I'd expect to see not only a beautiful car, you cannot really see the car from this, your stuck in a nowhere position somewhere between a car photo and a detail photo, your not close enough to IMO be counting as s detail study of part of the car, but your not seeing enough of the car to class it at a car photo again IMO

Also if your sole intention is to focus on the shiny nature of the car you need to think more about what is being reflected...something clean an not distracting is what you want to see, now personally I'd say you want to see something clean and natural, be that the sky reflected or some trees etc, anything that evokes a felling of being out on the open road enjoying your car...this it looks like a lorry or something reflected in the bodywork, so what are your selling there being stuck in a traffic jam on the M25, something that nobody wants...

Back