B&W Portraits

Edit My Images
No
Lovely images... all nicely composed, well directed and spot on mono conversions too! (y)

These are all great, bro. Good work.

Cheers guys for the all the feedback . It's been a while since I have done anything so I was quite pleased with these images but always open to advice and pointers so thanks.

Rae

Some beautiful portraits here. I have to say (and i have checked) your whites are blown out on most of them.

There's are amazing.
What lights were being used for this?

I had a small beauty dish with a sock on just to the camera right and a small soft box slightly behind the subjects and to the camera left to light up the background .

Last edited:
Some beautiful portraits here. I have to say (and i have checked) your whites are blown out on most of them.

I didn't think I had to the detriment of the image but it is something I will take into consideration for my next set , so thanks for the feedback it is much appreciated .

Rae

Last edited:
:clap:

Great conversions . Real happy kids . Nice work..;)

Regards MD(y)

I didn't think I had to the detriment of the image but it is something I will take into consideration for my next set , so thanks for the feedback it is much appreciated .

Rae

Bit late coming to this thread but I noticed the blown highlights also BUT!! I think it adds to the picture and sometimes going against the grain really works. The skin tones are spot on and the blown highlights adds a slight high key look to them, I know I'd have been very happy if I had taken these ;)

Last edited:
I love the whole set. Very nice shots.

All thank you so much for your positive feedback .. if anyone has any suggestions of how to improve them don't be shy as this is exactly why I love this forum .

Lovely love #4

Back