NSFW B&W

Lovely shot Gav. The game is being stepped up!

Personally, I really think this shot needs eye contact and possibly a hint of expression. The turn of the head to the lens would shroud half the face in shadow/darkness. A slight drop to the chin so that the eyes are widened and contact with the lens would give the subject a more powerful presence, which might not be what you were going for so YMMV as usual. It would also remove the (slight!) imperfection of the (subject) right eye which is part-hidden behind the nose. I try to do all or nothing - no idea whether it's better.

Personally (again - to reinforce), I really like the lighting setup. Looks like it was quite close to give quite harsh shadows which work well IMO. Background separation is subtle, but enough and well done.

I've done quite a bit of this sort of thing with my wife, and not shared any of it as it was too intimate, especially when you get eye contact. So thankyou both for sharing.

Love how the nail contrast has come out in B&W too. This is a really nice flattering portrait.

I agree! It's a very nice photo. I like the pose, the lighting works and the BW conversion is good for me.

The only thing which I can pick out is maybe the skin processing. It looks a bit too soft to me, on the left arm more so. Or maybe it's due to the low resolution?

Lovely shot Gav. The game is being stepped up!
Thank you :) ... :LOL:
Personally, I really think this shot needs eye contact and possibly a hint of expression. The turn of the head to the lens would shroud half the face in shadow/darkness. A slight drop to the chin so that the eyes are widened and contact with the lens would give the subject a more powerful presence, which might not be what you were going for so YMMV as usual. It would also remove the (slight!) imperfection of the (subject) right eye which is part-hidden behind the nose. I try to do all or nothing - no idea whether it's better.

Personally (again - to reinforce), I really like the lighting setup. Looks like it was quite close to give quite harsh shadows which work well IMO. Background separation is subtle, but enough and well done.
Thank you for the detailed feedback (y)
I've done quite a bit of this sort of thing with my wife, and not shared any of it as it was too intimate, especially when you get eye contact. So thankyou both for sharing.
I've have one with eye contact and felt it wasn't for posting or the look I was after, Em mentioned posting as we're both trying to learn.
Love how the nail contrast has come out in B&W too. This is a really nice flattering portrait.
Cheers (y)
Really appreciate it.

I agree! It's a very nice photo. I like the pose, the lighting works and the BW conversion is good for me.
Thank you, Ashish.
The only thing which I can pick out is maybe the skin processing. It looks a bit too soft to me, on the left arm more so. Or maybe it's due to the low resolution?
Skin being soft is the size I've uploaded, the full file is far more detailed :) not sure if this shows it or not?
Screenshot_20231028-195549_Photos.jpg

Thank you, Ashish.

Skin being soft is the size I've uploaded, the full file is far more detailed :) not sure if this shows it or not?

I guess it’s down to the low resolution then. I myself had problems with it and have had to resharpened it more than usual.

I guess it’s down to the low resolution then. I myself had problems with it and have had to resharpened it more than usual.
I'm almost certain that if you "attach" an image rather than link to it, the resolution (and perceived sharpness) is quite significantly affected. If you link out to Flickr (as an example) this doesn't happen.

Back